• Support all quality assurance activities within the Main Lab and the bottling lab. Shift rotation is required.
• Perform routine chemical analyses of juice, fermenting juice, and finished wine.
• Perform bottling quality assurance functions prior to and during bottling operation.
• Enter data and record-keeping accurately (both manual and computer-based).
• Collect winery samples from tanks and barrels.
• Develop general proficiency in the use of all analytical equipment in the lab, both hardware and software.
• Conduct routine daily calibration and quality control analyses at each wine station.
• Prepare reagents and standardize as required.
• Ensure quality tastings for Winemaking through efficient preparation, set up and clean up procedures.
• Follow all safety practices (ex: wear personal protective equipment as required).
• Perform job with continuous improvement in mind for lab processes and procedures.
• Participate in continuing educational programs as directed by Management to enhance job performance and knowledge.
• Conduct all activities in compliance with Quality Management System.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Management or Senior Lab Tech.
• Associates' Degree
• 0 -2 years lab experience (equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable)
• Ability to follow verbal and written instruction/direction.
• Knowledge of various wine types.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of analytical procedures, basic Math knowledge.
• Ability to prioritize, initiate action, and handle multiple tasks.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to precisely follow directions.
• Interpersonal skills and sound judgment.
• Familiarity with GMP and Quality Management Standards
• Familiarity with AS400, JDE and Intellepac
• Associate's Degree in Enology, Biological Science, or Chemistry
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds.
• Climb stairs.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
• Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
• Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
• Shift work required between Main Lab and Bottling Lab
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).