Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits’ Stamford office currently seeks a Supply Chain Specialist who possesses the below.
The Supply Chain Specialist will be responsible for order sourcing, on-time shipment and billing of orders as well as quality customer service. The position is further responsible for distributor inventory control to ensure contractual obligations.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• 1-3 years of experience or training in service industry specializing in meeting customer demands and organizing multiple tasks; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to exercise judgment & recommend solutions.
• Excellent oral & written communication skills.
• Ability to research & interpret information.
• Computer competencies (Word, Excel, SharePoint, customer order system, e-mail, etc.)
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
• Ability to plan and organize heavy workload and work within tight deadlines.
• Ability to flourish in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and continue to perform effectively.
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with key members of other departments.
• Ability to work through ambiguity and uncertainty.
• Ability to assimilate and process data from a wide range of sources.
• Accurate and timely processing of all orders, including bailment warehouses from order entry to billing.
• Achieve and maintain department KPI’s.
• Responsible for the analysis of sales order releases with respect to distributor inventory needs.
• Interface with inventory team, pricing team and Supervisor for any issues regularly.
• Contacts vendors with discrepancies on quantity and quality.
• Communicates with vendors, warehouses and freight forwarders to ensure proper documentation is obtained
• Researching and answering questions related to order processing, logistic charges, etc.
• Accurately posting purchase orders and vendor invoices in ERP system.
• Following up to ensure timely resolution, especially during month-end close.
• Compile multiple pieces of information and able to effectively multi-task.
• Ability to distinguish between tasks and determine importance.