Independent, family-owned ultra premium luxury winery is currently hiring for an Accounting Manager to join their fun, dynamic accounting team. This extremely successful, well-established winery handcrafts wines that have been on allocation since their very first release. The Accounting Manager position is based at their winery in Calistoga winery and will report directly to the CFO.
To accomplish all assigned duties listed below with the focus being on the accuracy and timeliness of general ledger close, inventory and allocation management, fixed asset maintenance, compliance reporting and annual review. Provide back up, support and oversight for the accounting assistant.
Cash and Debt Management
• Analyze and reconcile bank accounts, including merchant services activities, and other cash activities
• Initiates all wires including income tax payments
• Verifies and processes all loan/interest payments and completes quarterly loan covenant reporting
• Reconcile and analyze credit card processing to order entry and to general ledger
• Process miscellaneous customer refunds through the Open Edge terminal
• Investigate/resolve all reconciling issues
• Prepare semi-monthly eCellar sales reports for AMS entry
• Track refunds, reships, damages, and other interrupted shipments
• Reconcile deferred revenue monthly and explain variances
• Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts
• Prepares preliminary Financial Statements and supporting schedules for the monthly summary of financial results.
• Maintains General Ledger; prepares necessary adjusting journal entries; ensures accuracy of data; analyzes accounts for unusual items or incorrect postings; maintains all related records
• Monthly general ledger close and year-end close
• Supervise preparation for annual CPA review
• Send quarterly budget vs. actual reports to managers
Inventory and Cost Accounting
• Calculation of wine cost based on vineyard and production activity
• Responsible for all vineyard accounting including grape costing
• Maintain accounting records of bottling and updates of products for packaging costs
• Verifies costs of sales recorded and reconciles costs with perpetual inventory
• Reconciles finished goods inventories at all locations to perpetual inventory detail and general ledger balances
• Initiates and leads physical inventory counts when/where needed.
• Set up product parts each year in AMS for new vintages
• Maintain pricing for new products in AMS
• Enter wine allocations as soon as available
• Watch for variances between physical inventory and allocated inventory
• Maintain additions and disposals of fixed assets to subsidiary system
• Ensure accuracy of asset classification, lives, depreciation method, and reconciliation with general ledger
• Manage depreciation related activities
• Responsible for the computation and input of all payroll data into IBS WebHRMS system
• Reviews time card input for coding and accuracy
• Maintains payroll report files
• Administrates and reconciles garnishment claims, 401k payments and other payroll related activity
• Must understand duties of accounting assistant and be able to perform those duties in the absence of the accounting assistant
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Timely and accurate filing of compliance forms including, excise taxes, sales taxes, property tax, licensing and label approvals
• Complete annual government surveys as required
• Manage insurance renewals
• export insurance, annual vine crop reporting, property tax review and annual Grape Crush Report.
• Responsible for daily AMS backup
• Assist CFO with projects and additional tasks as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance is highly preferred.
• Requires four years of related business experience.
• Experience in the wine industry preferred.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics. Competence with computerized accounting and financial systems (AMS experience preferred).
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and to effectively present information to management.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Must be able to work under pressure.
• Values teamwork, flexibility and strong work ethic. Must be a "doer".
• Demonstrates a comfort level in dealing with all levels of the organization.
• Valid driver’s license
This is an incredible career opportunity for someone already in a leadership role or a strong senior accountant who is looking for the next step in their career. For confidential consideration and to further discuss, please contact:
The Moranda Search Group