Plant Maintenance Controls Engineer, under minimal supervision, responsible for maintaining, installing and troubleshooting all plant instrumentation and other control systems. Applies knowledge and understanding of programming and troubleshooting plant controls processes and the equipment used to control those processes. Makes recommendations to improve the control of the processes or the processes themselves. Supports the maintenance of plant equipment to ensure a minimum of downtime.
• Evaluation of PLC's and VFD motor drives for preventative maintenance or replacement
• Assisting with capital budgets and projects on crush, and processing
• Studies process lines and helps improve efficiency
• Identify cost saving ideas and present to the Company for review
• Assist winery with production related efficiency problems and reduces down time
• Assists and directs completion of capital projects
• Directs, coaches and trains mechanics on electrical and basic controls
• Prepares energy budgets, monitors energy usage costs
• Maintains and evaluates waste water usage
• Provides written reports on PLC's and VFD drives performance and replacement
• Responsible for purchasing of controls and drives and related electrical/electronic equipment
• Coaches and develops mechanics and electricians on installations and troubleshooting
• Member of the Safety Committee
• Directs electrical installations
• Develops electrical and industrial control designs
• Participates, recommends and oversees performance of electrical outside contractors
• Directs or makes corrections on electrical/electronic safety issues as needed.
• Works with Plant Engineer on installation and completion of capital projects
• Decides on types of materials, machinery and tools regarding electrical projects
• Observes functioning of installed electrical equipment or systems to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
• Inspects faulty equipment or systems by using computer for checking faulty components.
• Interacts with vendors to exploit technology, purchase equipment and services and resolve long term equipment, training and process issues.
• Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Electronics Engineering Technology
• 3+ years' experience as Controls Engineer (inclusive of PLC's, electronic and electrical controls experience, as well as electrical systems design and installations)
• Troubleshooting and resolving efficiency control systems experience
• Skilled in the use of MS Office (including Project) at an intermediate level; MS Access at a basic level
• Skilled in creating flow charts, construction drawings, or other graphical methods to communicate intent to management and contractors
• Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary
• Managing third party contractors on performance and installations
• Knowledge of variable frequency drives (VFDs)
• Specific experience in food and beverage packaging
• Experience negotiating with vendors, suppliers or internal/external customers
• Skilled in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
• Skilled in team building
• Skilled in learning new concepts quickly
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work Environment:
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
This position is not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).