This position is responsible for managing all sales within an assigned multi-state region of the brands and wines within the CRU Selections Division of Terlato Wines. The purpose and mission of CRU Selections Division is to attract and retain small production fine wine producers, primarily from Burgundy, and to then offer and place these wines in distribution within select, identified and targeted fine wine accounts throughout the US, with a heavy emphasis towards the on-premise class of trade. The overarching goal is to drive continued growth and an increased footprint of distribution of the Terlato Wines portfolio of prestigious brands within fine wine accounts across the US.
The CRU Regional Manager will be directly responsible for managing all sales, sales execution, distributor management and market development of the brands in the CRU portfolio within the assigned territory. The CRU RM will be expected to;
• Directly call on accounts and create relationships with those accounts on behalf of CRU and Terlato. Extensive account calling will occur in key primary states (IL, TX, FL) and prioritized secondary states (WI, MN, IN, MI, MO, OH, LA,), as well as tertiary states (AL, KS, KY, MS, OK).
• Create direct relationships with targeted key accounts in the region through face to face meetings, sales presentations and hand selling. The success of CRU is founded on a significant focus on field work and calling on accounts.
• Manage their time well. The RM’s time will be allocated approximately 70% to field work and 30% to distributor management and work with distributor sales teams including training and key account development.
• Manage execution of CRU sales, distribution, depletions, budgets and distributor goals
o Distributor goals are developed internally and then with distributor principals and management. Once the distributor plan has been finalized, it becomes the Regional Managers responsibility to communicate the plan to distributor principals and management and then deep into the distributor organizations
o The CRU RM will be responsible for individual state distributor management and execution of the CRU sales and financial plans and budgets. This includes holding the distributor accountable and responsible for meeting or exceeding goals and implementing market plans effectively, effectively and in a timely fashion.
o Manage all regional and individual state financials (P&L), allocations, budgets, distribution plans, depletions, pricing, inventory, brand equity and profit analysis, inventory in conjunction with those plans established by John Terlato and the Director of CRU. The position is supported by a Business Operations Manager and Analyst.
• Develop, implement, manage and execute Brand programs and tactical brand initiatives, which will be prepared and executed in a manner aligned and consistent with company and CRU philosophy and positioning.
• Ensure brand propositions and unique brand attributes are communicated in a positive and innovative way.
• Provide training to and assist in developing effective sales techniques with Distributor Partners. Utilize product and business knowledge to educate Distributor Representatives and Accounts to increase product distribution.
• Keep abreast of new competitive developments and provides feedback to Sales and Marketing teams. Monitor and evaluate the various performance indicators and identifies opportunities to further leverage the Terlato brands within the overall market.
• Provide exceptional customer service to accounts, conducting specialty wine tastings, events, sponsorships, promotional activities, wait staff training and education and trade shows where available and legal.
• Plan and manage TWI supplier market work.
• Work closely with the Strategic and National Chain Account Managers to ensure he/she is familiar with national programs and support with accurate pricing and inventory.
• Educate and motivate the distributor partner sales force to profitably execute the CRU sales distribution, depletion and financial plans as outlined by our CRU Fiscal Year plan and the CRU supporting sales planning/targeting documents.
• Manage all CRU on/off premise activities and programming within his/her designated accounts & distributors to ensure maximum market penetration, brand awareness and sell-through.
• Be capable of and effectively develop and maintain positive relationships with accounts, distributor management and distributor team members, including distributor sales representatives on behalf of Terlato and the Terlato Family with the specific goals of executing the sales, distribution, depletion and financial plans of CRU.
o This will be accomplished by utilizing strong relationship building skills, agile people management skills, along with programming capabilities and experience.
• A premium will be placed on execution against:
o CRU Sales targets and distributor goals
o CRU profit, sales, distribution and depletion plans.
o CRU Brand distribution, distributor management, leadership, motivating people, interaction with the division leadership team and profitability of business
• The team member is expected to understand, embrace and be comfortable with the Terlato family philosophy, passion and company culture.
• Position requires extensive travel.
• Outstanding knowledge of high-end specialty wines (Advanced certification and or a familiarity with Burgundy and Burgundian wines is a plus)
• 5-10 years of experience in the wine/spirits industry, with focus on Luxury products
• Intricate knowledge of the assigned region distributor network and key accounts.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced MS Office skills
Valid driver's license
• Knowledge of Performance Measurement systems preferred (ex: Diver, QlikView)