The Buyer will have an assigned category of which he/she will be responsible to manage throughout the Purchasing process. The Buyer will ensure that all materials are purchased on the appropriate timelines, and manage procedures related to the successful production and shipment of these materials. Following standard operating procedures, he/she will be responsible to resolve any issues that will prevent the expected timelines from being met, including escalation when necessary. This position will be responsible to provide timely and accurate information as business needs arise.
This position will be based in Lodi CA.
• Responsible for regular forecasting, PO placement, and follow up with suppliers
• Work closely with planning and logistics to optimize the speed of delivery of components
• Identify and communicate potential risks to on time delivery of components
• Build and maintain strong, positive partnerships with cross functional teams
• Ensure data accuracy despite continuous change
• Facilitate resolution regarding quality issues
• Directly responsible for external interaction with supply partners
• Collaborate with Procurement & Operations team to enable best in class component sourcing
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years' experience in a supply chain, finance, or engineering
• MS Office with strong competency in Excel
• Robust influencing and communications skills
• Detail oriented, analytical, and organized
• Ability to build unbiased relationships to enable data driven procurement decisions
• Highly customer focused, skilled at key stake-holder management
• Problem solver who brings proactive solutions
• Team player with the ability to work across, and influence multiple disciplines
• Procurement experience, and/or planning
• Experience with ERP and/or inventory management systems
• Consumer Product Goods or Wine & Spirits industry knowledge
• Master's Degree
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Travel less than 10% of the time
• Ability to attend meetings at wineries within the Napa/Sonoma area
This position is not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).