Tuck Beckstoffer Wines offers an exciting career opportunity for a Northern California Chain Accounts and Area Manager combo role located in the Bay Area, CA.
Tuck Beckstoffer creates world-class wines. As the President of Tuck Beckstoffer Wines he produces a dozen of Napa Valley’s most exciting and sought-after wines. Working with a spectrum of varietals, Tuck gives the consumer unparalleled quality in a range of prices.Pioneers of the Napa Valley grape growing industry, the Beckstoffer family made the vineyards both their lives and their livelihood. When not playing in the vineyards, Tuck was learning about them. 1975 marked his first harvest, and since then Tuck can’t remember a harvest when he hasn’t tasted, smelled and picked the fruit straight from the vine.
Extensive viticultural knowledge drove a desire to learn more about the winemaking process. Studies with winemaking legends in wineries both at home and abroad only whetted Tuck’s appetite to create a wine of his own. After making Tuck Beckstoffer Cabernet Sauvignon in 1997 to critical acclaim, collectors and connoisseurs asked for more. That demand continues today. His Semper Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays are among the highest rated and most critically acclaimed Sonoma Coast wines produced today. Melee Grenache was hailed an “elegant expression of the land and a joy in the glass.” His Mockingbird and Tuck Beckstoffer Cabernets have been praised as “wines of remarkable character. A treasure to drink and to collect.” His Seventy Five Wine Company has been championed as “pedigreed wine for people who are above pedigree.”
Purpose: Combo role of California based Off-Premise Chain Accounts Manager and Northern California Area Manager
This position is responsible for selling and executing the sales and marketing programs for key regional chain accounts and to achieve broad market shipment and depletion targets in Northern California. Responsibilities include planning, executing and coordinating of the business plan for assigned customers while driving accountability at the distributor level. This position is also responsible for the development and profitability of assigned market segments. Incumbents develop rapport with high-level personnel from marketing, operations, and category management to accomplish set sales goals. Secure placements with new accounts and ensure existing accounts maintain placements. Develop and manage positive relationships and build brand champions within the distributor network. Help achieve state goals by assisting in consumer and trade events.
Reports to: National Sales Director
Interacts with: All levels of distributor management and sales personnel. Retail account buyers and managers. Winery owners, senior management and regional sales management. Administration, retail room and marketing personnel.
• Sell new and expanded distribution of TBW portfolio to multi-unit, regional and franchise chain accounts.
• Develop, sell, and implement custom created promotional programs to listed off-premise accounts.
• Communicate sales results to distributor networks to ensure execution of retail plans and promotions
• Responsible for all sales and depletions in the broad market channels.
• Develop strong working relationship with all levels of distributor sales management.
• Set quotas for distributor(s); monitor performance and recommend corrective action.
• Responsible for developing direct business relationships with decision-makers of restaurants and retail stores including chains for the purpose of enhancing business through the development of brands.
• 25-30 broad market sales calls per week.
• Educate distributor sales representatives through tastings and wine education events.
• Local company liaison with distributor(s) in the Northern California market.
• Coordinates programming, promotion, and pricing execution with Distributor(s).
• Create or customize programs.
• May assist in formulating short-term marketing strategies.
• Analyze our current position within the chain arena and make recommendations on how we can improve our effectiveness within these accounts.
• Communicate clearly and efficiently with accounts, distributors, and winery management.
• Inspiring others to join and work with you in presenting promotions that engage distributor management to meet their goals and objectives.
• Ability to “make friends and influence people” in the corporate chain world.
• Work shoulder to shoulder with all of our many distributors in assigned territory to create and present compelling promotions.
• Meeting person to person with chain buyers and presenting opportunities, driving sales and growth.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
• 3 years industry related sales and marketing experience.
• Thorough knowledge of the wine industry including competitive brands, sales and market trends, vinicultural and vinification practices and channel marketing.
• Proven record of successful account sales and brand development.
• Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of account and distributor management.
• B.S. or B.A. degree desired.
• Proficiency with basic computer software and functions: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and sales reporting systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills including public speaking and negotiating.
• Excellent leadership, time management and organization skills.
• Willingness to work and flourish in a team environment.
• Must be comfortable in a variety of work environments including wineries, restaurants, offices and warehouses.
• . The position will be traveling daily.