This position is responsible for developing and delivering sales analysis and comprehensive data reporting to the Total Beverage Alcohol team. Working in conjunction with the National Sales Managers & Category Management teams, the BU Analysis Manager and under the general direction of the Business Unit Operations Director, the BU Analyst evaluates the overall arc of the Business Unit performance against plan targets, identifies opportunities and presents solutions for the team to drive High-End Leadership at retail.
• Provides support across all levels of the Total Beverage Alcohol sales team and Category Management. Delivers all BU data reporting processes with accuracy and efficiency within established timeframes. Works with BUAM to develop and deliver best practice examples of how to utilize sales information to achieve performance goals.
• Collaborates cross functionally with Category Management, Gold Network, Marketing, Finance and Insights & Analytics to ensure alignment on reporting and the usage of data and sales tools within the BU. Works with BUAM to improve and standardize report processes for monthly/quarterly sales and distribution reports. Builds and communicates additional reports and scorecards to measure performance against key initiatives.
• Analyze and interpret syndicated sales data to create impactful data points and identify opportunities during key promotional periods for each trimester sales planning guide.
• Pulls and analyzes data from multiple sources to develop 'visual' & 'easy to digest' reporting and presentations to arm or sales team with compelling information that press up against our BU's key strategic priorities.
• Act as liaison and point of contact for Total Beverage Alcohol and Category Management across commercial project teams. Assist BUAM in development and execution of sales tools to support our 'Center of Excellence' platform.
• Collaborating with the BU Analysis Manager, the BU Analyst establishes, develops, and manages all BU data reporting processes and manages chain hierarchies for National Accounts Off-Premise within the BAR/IQ using the BIMA system.
• Supports the BUAM in utilizing the company's internal data system (The BAR/IQ) and acts as point of contact / subject matter expect for any questions or issues that may arise from the National Accounts sales team. Trains and coaches the National Accounts sales team on functionality of the BAR/IQ and provides best practices on report creation.
• Responsible for ensuring BU data management and integrity.
• Completes ah-hoc projects and tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis on business, marketing, finance or related field and or 1-3 years of experience in business analytics.
• Ability to retrieve and synthesize sales data to deliver persuasive and fact-based sales presentations. Experience with syndicated data sources (IRI, Nielsen) a plus.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to provide multi-level analysis, reporting, and actionable insights. Demonstrates ability to integrate finer data points into total Business Unit operations and goals.
• Demonstrated ability to learn internal software applications and specialized customer tools as required.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels both internal and external. Partners with stakeholders to establish clear parameters for deliverables and follow-up timeframes.
• Proficient with software to include Excel (at an advanced level), PowerPoint, Word and Microsoft Outlook.
• Precise, detail-oriented, analytical, and deadline-driven with the ability to work under pressure. Must take initiative and work with a high level of professionalism.
• Demonstrates high degree of critical thinking skills and flexibility.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Work Environment:
• Must be able to stand, walk, sit
• Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
• Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
• Climb or balance stairs/ladders
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
• Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed
• Must be at least 21 years or age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).