Durant Vineyards is seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable individual to serve in a leadership role and support the Tasting Room Manager. The Tasting Room Lead must set a strong example that personifies a deep commitment to customer service, as well as proudly representing the quality of Durant Vineyards wines. The ideal candidate will excel at sales, service, wine education and have the ability to bring out the best in our Tasting Room Team. This individual must lead educational and informative product presentations and provide world-class sales and customer service. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced work environment, must a have a working knowledge of wine and must be able to effectively articulate the Durant Vineyards story while creating a memorable guest experience.
• Works directly with the Tasting Room Manager in overseeing day to day activities in the tasting room.
• Strategize opportunities with follow through to maximize sales volume and club membership conversions to exceed property wide goals.
• Maintain a position of sales leadership as an example to the Tasting Room Team, representing the brand in a professional, gracious and enthusiastic manor.
• Assists the tasting room staff in daily operations, including POS, cleaning, merchandising, event and tasting setup and tear down.
• Participates in training of new team members and ongoing development of tasting room staff.
• Participates in tasting room wine and soft goods inventory ordering and maintenance; including wine receiving, cycle counting, projections
• Presents, pours, informs and sells customers on selected wines with a compelling story-telling technique to educate about the brands history.
• Acts as informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, and wine vintages, availability of products and brand award and accolades.
• Operates cash register, credit card transactions and POS terminal accurately and efficiently.
• Develops positive relationships with customers and prospective customers.
• Assist in managing reservations and fielding inquires for appointments.
• Participates and assists with special events both onsite and offsite.
• Assist in food prep and menu creation.
• Other duties as assigned by the Tasting Room Manager
• 2 years of wine sales, retail sales, or hospitality experience.
• Required to be 21 years of age or older, with a valid OLCC certification and food handlers card.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Required to work weekends and a flexible schedule as needed.
• Excellent in verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Skilled in communication, presentation, sales and customer service.
• Ability to multitask, serving customers simultaneously.
• Must be able to demonstrate excellence in providing a positive guest experience.
• Friendly and approachable and a team player in a fast paced environment.
• Keen eye for detail.
• Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and solution-oriented
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
This is a full time, benefited position that includes sales and club membership incentives as well as a medical insurance plan. Base pay will be determined by prior experience and abilities.
Please respond with resume, cover letter, and at least 2 references.