ADOBE CONCIERGE/ONSITE EVENT COORDINATOR
Located on the Sonoma Square, Three Sticks Wines is seeking an experienced Concierge/Onsite Event Coordinator to join our highly motivated and professional Adobe tasting room team. The successful candidate is a seasoned professional who is passionate about wine and will provide guests with specialized customer experiences while driving sales through effective reservation management and onsite event planning. Person-to-person engagement is key to this role. To succeed in this role you must be extremely organized and engaging, and must flourish working collaboratively with others as well as independently. This is a full-time position reporting to the Adobe Manager. The primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Provide a unique and appropriate guest experience reflective of the brand philosophy and identity resulting in wine sales
• Responsible for the customer journey - #1 priority
• Greet and direct all visitors professionally and pleasantly
• Reservation Management – responsible for managing and entering accurate reservations and monitoring protocols (scheduling and confirming reservations and ensuring proper staff is available for all reservations made)
• Responsible for contacting guests within 48 hours of initial contact (info, event, outreach, follow up after winemaker dinners, etc.).
• Provide concierge services for VIP guests (assist with restaurant reservations, building itineraries, etc.)
• Answer all incoming calls, voicemails and emails within 24 hours of receipt in a professional and pleasant manner
• Oversee, manage and respond to general inquiries (voice-mail, email, walk-in)
• Business Development - Develop strong relationships with complementary service providers. Maintain & track active relationships with referral partners and keep referral channel healthy, warm and active. Communicate referral sources and success of relationships with Adobe Manager & tasting room team.
• Coordinate the execution of Thank You Notes with hosts to guests – ensure they go out in a timely manner
• Oversee and maintain RSVP event lists (release parties, club events, wine downs, industry events, etc.)
• Coordinate & set-up all media tastings. Communicate media details to team/host. Work with Marketing & Events Manager on format.
ONSITE EVENTS COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and manage event planning protocol and execute onsite events and release events
• Work with Adobe Manager in the strategic planning process for meetings and events, including event objectives, designing events and constructing budgets
• Create and contribute to post-event reports, debriefs & reconciliations. Provide event reports to Adobe Manager within 24 hours of event conclusion
• Direct operations of staff and clients during events by creating time lines, job roles, resolving problems and managing breakdown/clean-up
• Responsible for all event vendor management, staffing, and other event logistics from set up to breakdown
• Liaison between Tasting Room & neighboring restaurants for booking on-site lunches, dinners, events, etc.
• Work closely with Adobe Manager to communicate with staff on event details to maintain accurate event guest lists & RSVP protocols
• Host tastings – including wine club member tastings, VIP, trade and special tastings
• Liaison between Tasting Room & outside food vendors – booking, confirming and executing food & wine pairing experiences
• Process customer sales as needed
• Interact with all staff (at all levels) professionally and pleasantly
• Assist with marketing projects and collateral development when necessary
• Assist Adobe Manager and Marketing & Events Manager with execution of charitable requests/fulfillment
• Assist with offsite events (coordination and execution) when necessary
• Assist DTC Ops. Supervisor with wine order packing & shipping (incl. holiday wine shipment & order placements). Mark orders as picked-up when completed
• Assist with stocking of wine
• Provide administrative support for the Tasting Room on a variety of tasks including ordering office supplies, sorting and distributing mail, and running office related errands
In addition to these primary duties, Three Sticks asks all of its employees to be cross-trained and capable of many tasks, including helping to maintain the overall quality of the Adobe. Training and experience will be provided as time and opportunity allow you to grow, learn, and develop new skills within these parameters.
• 3+ years concierge experience (wine industry/tasting room experience preferred)
• 3+ years event planning experience high-level, VIP hospitality events
• A true passion and knowledge for wine, wine production and the history of winemaking
• Strong computer skills including experience with winery POS systems and Microsoft Office
• Excellent written, phone and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong ability to anticipate and prioritize conflicting needs and apply sense of urgency
• High energy, self-motivated, with integrity
• Warm, friendly and gracious personality
• Strong ability to follow up and follow through, proactive and resourceful
• Available to work over-time on an “as needed basis”
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by the Chief Operating Officer and/or the Adobe Manager.