Tasting Room Representative FT
Medlock Ames is an estate fine wine producer located in Alexander Valley, Sonoma County, California. We farm and craft tiny production, high quality, artisan wines in an ethical way. Our dedication to sustainability is a way of life, and we love what we do. We are 100% organically farmed, solar-powered and advocate progressive, creative farming. Our eco-friendly ranch is tucked away on the edge of Alexander Valley atop Bell Mountain. We are wine industry leaders in environmental accountability & sustainability.
We are now looking to hire a Full-Time Representative for our Tasting Room in Alexander Valley.
- We are looking for people who radiate warmth and have an upbeat attitude and are genuine.
- Kind and result oriented; people with a high EQ, common sense and ‘street smarts’.
- Empathetic, self-aware and driven to make a difference..
- Sales oriented. Strong sales experience and ability to sell various wine club memberships.
- Lead by example, always looking to improve personally and professionally, always be counted on to deliver the best possible results and are capable of working in a fast-paced and high performance culture.
- Possess especially good customer service and sales skills; hospitable, organized, detail oriented, good work ethics and a desire to do everything well.
- Internal compass for integrity, personal responsibility, honesty, and the ability to make good choices, amidst the chaos of an event, or when a customer isn’t happy with us.
- Customer focused and can help our team to be the best in the industry.
Duties And Responsibilities: (include the following, but not limited to)
- Greets all visitors to the Tasting Room with enthusiasm
- Provide exceptional customer service skills to any customer
- Showcase our wines and cultivate loyal guests measured by repeat visits, sales and wine club sign ups.
- Grow our wine club and direct to consumer sales
- Wash and polish all glassware for Tasting Room
- Be a team player with enthusiastic outlook
- Handles routine sales transactions, including operating POS, accounting of daily sales, pours and samples
- Preparing TR for open and to Close TR as well following Medlock procedures.
- A Self-Starter: The ability to get the job done, no matter what, in a mature, responsible, efficient, effective and gracious manner is a must.
- Develop your professionalism and knowledge about Medlock Ames wines & story to ensure high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Educate guests on our wines, winemaking and heritage OUR STORY-Organic
- Provide a “Best In Class” experience, while pouring in accordance with Responsible Beverage Service Guidelines.
- Represents winery at outside functions as required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, have the ability to work weekends.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.