Napa Valley Distillery is the first distillery in the city of Napa since Prohibition and the only distillery in Napa Valley. We are pioneers of direct to consumer craft-spirits tastings and sales in California and a leader in the cocktail culture of Napa Valley.
We are a fast growing, family-owned and operated company with two locations in Napa each offering unique customer tour and tasting experiences. Our products are enjoyed by our fans in all fifty states.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual with an outgoing personality and good sales and customer service skills to be a key member of our Oxbow Tasting Room and Bar Shop located in downtown Napa.
We look for and hire personality and passion over everything else. We are willing to teach and train the right candidate, however, the ideal candidate will have a strong passion and good general knowledge of craft spirits, distilling, cocktails and want to very enthusiastically share what you know (and what you will learn from us) with others. We're looking for someone who wants a position that is fun, rewarding with plenty of room to move up.
In a nut shell, we are looking for someone who is willing to work hard, have fun and and be a gracious host and educator.
• Provide a unique and engaging experience for our guests that promotes and builds brand loyalty, spirits/products sales, Bar Club sign-ups and warm hospitality.
• Effectively and consistently educate and enroll guests in our Bar Club program.
• Pour tastings of our spirits and describe each product properly. (we'll show you how)
• Accurately and consistently process all sales transactions via an iPad based POS system which includes shipping orders, transactions and special product discounts.
• Thoroughly perform all tasting room opening and/or closing responsibilities which include but are not limited to stocking, folding, cleaning, sweeping and emptying per established protocols and processes
• Answer phones and assist with inquiries to include tasting appointment scheduling, phone sales and concierge
• Assist in the stocking and organization of all merchandise on the retail floor
• Available to work weekends and most holidays
• 1+ years tasting room experience preferred, but not required.
• Strong sales experience and knowledge of spirits or cocktails preferred, but not required.
• Experience in a retail setting preferred, but not required.
• Strong customer service and hospitality acumen
• Impeccable communication skills (written and oral)
• Technical proficiency with point of sales software and money handling
• Ability to multi-task (experience in a busy tasting room setting preferred)
• A good general knowledge & understanding of spirits, cocktails, cocktail ingredients and the spirits industry
• Familiarity with the Napa Valley and its tourist/hospitality attractions (restaurants, hotels, wineries, points of interest, etc.)
• Familiarity with basic food & cocktails
• Able to work in a collaborative team environment with a selfless commitment to the customer
• Self-starter with an ability to anticipate and pro-actively accomplish tasks
• Ability to lift 20-30 lbs. required
Submit your resume in confidence and we hope to be in touch with you. Best of luck in your search!