About the Role:
This role provides assistance to the Finance Manager on Supply FP&A functions (financial reporting and planning - budgets, forecasts, strategy plans) and is also the Americas lead on product costing, particularly for NPD and setting annual budget standards.
On NPDs and standard-setting, this role will likely work closely with the Finance Director, Americas Supply.
• Assist in month end close tasks for Supply Finance, mainly focusing on non-operations and overheads, ensuring clean, accurate and reliable transactional details in the general ledger with appropriate audit trail documentation
• Assist in preparing group supply financial reports; specifically (but not limited to): 'WD4 P&L' and 'Global Supply HFM' reports, Americas financial report decks
• Assist in preparing commentary on financial results for NAM Supply, this includes working with other members of Finance and Supply to understand drivers of financial performance
• Assist in preparing monthly IBP forecasts: production volume updates, impact on recoveries, opportunities and risks (O&Rs)
• Assist in coordinating and delivering NAM Supply budgets, forecasts and strategic plans in accordance with timetables
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as directed, per monthly timetable and analyzing variances for resolution in accordance with Global Policy
• Be the central contact for NPD Gate Paper costing for the Americas in accordance with global costing policy, specifically: • Bulk wine cost (based on winemaker ideal recipes, using inputs from Supply Finance Team on winery rates, grape and bulk wine pricing, other inputs as required)
• Bottling costs (based on route, labor and overhead rates)
• Overheads and other add-ons
• Working with NPD commercial finance lead to ensure the Gate Paper P&Ls accurately reflect costs
• With the Finance Director, Americas Supply (or delegate) ensure regular attendance at NPD Gate meetings
• Promote understanding of costing methodology and levers to influence product profitability across the business and specifically in the NPD process (marketing, sales, supply, finance)
• Promote and support, with stakeholders, continuous improvement and lean approaches to NPD process and tools
• Coordinate annual finished goods standard-setting process, with inputs from the business and their respective Supply Finance leads / partners: • Procurement for dry goods standards
• Planning for budget production plan
• Master data and technical team for BOMs
• Supply Finance team leads for bulk wine standards, bottling rates, logistics rates, overheads and other costing add-ons as required
• Annual standards are reviewed for accuracy, with high level of attention to detail, and variances to prior year and strategy plan analyzed, understood and explained
• Provide region input, as required, to Product Strategy model
• Respond in a timely manner to queries from the Global Costing team to analyze / investigate questions and issues with product costing in JDE and in doing so working with business partners in Procurement, Bottling, master data
• Ensure issues and risks, whether financial or controls / governance, are escalate to manager and/or Finance Director, Americas Supply in a timely manner
• Accept coaching and direction from manager. Solicit and act on feedback from manager, peers, and partners
• Understand and demonstrate company culture, behaviors and ways of working (Focus, Belief, Trust, Collaboration)
You are a self-motivated, and detail oriented, finance professional. You are resourceful and focused on meeting deadlines. You have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and communicate complex information in a simplified manner.
• Bachelor's degree (BS/BBA) in Business, Accounting, Finance, Business Economics, or a related analytical discipline
• Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience (costing experience and manufacturing industries an advantage)
• Analytical experience, accounting experience (GL)
• Knowledge of standard costing processes and systems
• Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
• Ability to work well under pressure in a multi task environment
About the Company:
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is the world's largest, pure-play wine company with an enviable portfolio of class leading wine brands. Home to instantly recognized wines including Beringer, Stags Leap, Beaulieu Vineyard, Penfolds and Sterling Vineyards, we are uniquely positioned on the global stage.
As the leader in the luxury category we have more 90+ point wines than any other supplier. We're a company of individuals who are passionate about wine and no matter what corner of the earth our wines come from, whatever their vintage, we're deeply proud of the people who bring the brands to life.
Apply now and become a proud member of the family that is Treasury Wine Estates today.
If you are interested in this position please apply online.