ASV Wines is an organic certified winery located 20 minutes south of San Jose in the semi-rural community of San Martin. We process grapes from Monterey County, San Luis Obispo County, and other Coastal and Valley Growers. We process and sell wines along with bottling of our own nationally distributed brands. We are a large-scale winery with fermentation lots ranging from 1,000 gallons to 20,000 gallons. We are seeking candidates who possess a desire to learn and an eagerness to undertake a diversity of job assignments.
• Perform chemical tests on juices, musts, and wines
• Monitor fermentations via lab analysis requests from Winemaking as needed
• Test berry samples for maturity levels (Brix, pH, VA)
• Filter samples and other sample preparations tasks
• Enter analysis into computer database as needed
• Collect juice, must, and/or wine samples
• Set up, clean, and maintain the laboratory
• Weighing in trucks and bottling QC as needed
• Must be 21 years old
• Previous lab experience required
• Currently pursuing or degree in Enology, Chemistry, or closely related field preferred
• Familiar with wet chemistry techniques as well as instrumental analyses
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Fluent in English.
• Strong organizational and time management skills. Attention to detail.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment.
• Willing to work flexible and extended hours when necessary including weekends – 8+hrs/day, 6 days, and day/night shifts as needed.
• Ability to contribute to a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner that works positively with others
• Computer literacy in software applications MS Word and Excel required, other MS Office applications preferred.
• Pre-employment physical and drug screen required
• Long hours required during harvest including weekends
• Required to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
• Mobility throughout winery required
• Frequent bending, carrying, standing, climbing, and grasping.
• Exposures to eye, leg, back, wrist and elbow strain.
• Exposure to some chemicals, airborne particles, caustics, fumes, odors, and summer temperatures.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.