Vintage Wine Estates is a collection of vintner family-owned winery estates and brands based in Santa Rosa, California. We are an industry leader across all sales channels and dedicated to providing wine consumers with a range of wine selections from $10 to $100 dollars. Vintage Wine Estates is a dynamic, growing organization seeking 2017 Harvest Interns to join our team. Customer service is central in our culture, with focus on both our external and our internal customers. We value individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy working with a professional, results-driven team in a collaborative environment.
Girard Winery is seeking Harvest Cellar Interns for the 2017 harvest season. The focus at Girard Winery is to create premier wines from Napa Valley, Sonoma County and beyond at our production facility in the town of Sonoma. In addition to the Girard Winery labels, we produce other wines within our company’s portfolio – Viansa Sonoma, Cosentino & Sonoma Coast Vineyards to name a few. Starting in August or September (fruit maturation depending), interns will participate in all aspects of the winemaking process from receiving to preparing for bottle and will work until pressing has finished, usually into November or December. We are looking for individuals who have a strong work ethic with attention to detail, who are team players and quick learners in a fast-paced environment. Experience in the industry is a plus but not required.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sorting, crushing and pressing of over 12 different grape varieties
• Sanitation of all winery equipment
• Must, juice and wine additions
• Pump-overs and punch-downs
• Tank and Press dig-outs and sanitation
• Barrel maintenance: racking, sulfuring, topping, and stirring
• Fermentation monitoring
• Able to work safely in busy production environment and around equipment and chemicals
• Good communication skills, able to communicate with supervisors and co-workers (bilingual Spanish and English a plus)
• Good attention to detail and quality
• Previous winery experience preferred but not required
• Must share company values: integrity, respect, value creation, compliance, customer focus
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work in an evolving environment with enthusiasm
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
• Able to work long periods while walking and standing
• Able to climb stairs and ladders multiple times / day
• Able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
• Flexible schedule, ability to work long hours, various shifts and weekends
• During harvest, we operate two shifts which include late and overnights, partial shifts and weekends
Vintage Wine Estates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.