Elizabeth Spencer based in Rutherford, Napa Valley is seeking full and part time Tasting Room Sales Associate/Wine Educator to join our dynamic team. We have a unique and charming tasting room where we offer a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for our guests. We are known for producing a broad array of delicious, approachable wines. Our goal is to give our guests a memorable experience.
We are looking for a wine tasting professional with a proven track record in sales. A love and understanding of wine, team spirit, attention to detail and a willingness to learn are important. Past restaurant experience is helpful. If you are outgoing and friendly, and are a team player as well as knowledgeable about wine we would like to hear from you.
• Deliver a warm, gracious, friendly experience to guests at every interaction point.
• Engage with each customer to identify and tailor the experience to their interests.
• Promote the brand story.
• Provide excellent, personalized customer service to deliver a memorable experience.
• Ability to ask for the sale.
• Communicate benefits of wine club membership and sign up new members.
• Build and maintain lasting relationships with guests and members.
• Operate POS system.
• Prepare the tasting room for opening and closing daily.
• Outreach and networking with local partners to drive tasting room traffic.
• Experience promoting a genuine, friendly, caring, and high- quality hospitality experience.
• Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity about how to deliver excellent customer service.
• Able and willing to work weekends and holidays. Some evenings required.
• Effective communicator with a professional and welcoming manner.
• Passionate about wine and food and motivated to continue to learn.
• Pitching in and taking initiative. Ability to multi-task.
• Able to work in fast paced environment.
• Efficiency in hosting multiple groups at the same time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
• Sales-oriented team player.
• Open, honest and friendly with colleagues, customers, peers and managers.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport and build relationships.
• Positive, adaptable, flexible.
• Self-motivated, professional.