This is an opportunity to bring your hands-on expertise and play an important role in a still young, successful, and growing mobile bottling company. Your main job responsibility will be to perform the setup and operation of bottling equipment, and do troubleshooting as necessary as part of our bottling operations team. You will work with equipment utilizing the most advanced technology on the market -- including carbonated product capabilities and more. While we operate our projects in the field, at a variety of different wineries, overnight travel will be limited. As a person who loves the outdoors you will be working at many different winery locations.
Our preference is that you have operations experience in the field of beverage bottling; however, we will consider candidates with a solid technical background who bring positive attitude and are able to learn quickly. To be a good fit for the Bottling Line Operator Maintainer opportunity you should have:
• At least five years of bottling line operation and/or maintenance and/or winery/brewery production experience in the field of:
- Bottling Operations and/or
- Bottling Operations Supervisor and/or
- Bottling Line Mechanic
- Winery Technician (wine cellar, pumps, filters, tanks, sterilization/CIP)
• Experience in troubleshooting bottling equipment
• Documented technical skills (bottling equipment set-up, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting)
• Experience with machine controls (PLC, drives, motors, photo electronics and limit switches) is a plus but not a requirement
• Even as an experienced car mechanic (Les Schwab, Ford, GM, European or Japanese Cars) with interest in working in wine bottling we would like to hear from you!
• The ability to:
- Read and write English and perform mathematical calculations
- Read and understand technical manuals, prints and schematics
- Prepare daily production and quality assurance documentation
• The ability to perform physical work including climbing ladders, moving machines and parts, working on machines in tight spaces, and lifting up to 50 lbs. regularly
Just as important as your experience and skills will be the following characteristics and competencies:
• A strong work ethic
• A positive attitude
• Absolute reliability, integrity and trustworthiness
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Preferred but not required:
• Wine industry experience
• Trade School or equivalent training
• Experience installing and starting up bottling lines
You'll need to be able to work a flexible schedule. During bottling production days overtime will occur. You will be paid overtime in accordance with CA Labor Laws. With bottling projects throughout the year our peak season is during the 4+ months in the summer which is followed by several weeks of maintenance and yearly equipment overhaul during the harvest months.
You also will need a clean DMV record and references, as well as the ability to pass a physical and drug test.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be part of our operations team and participate in setting up, operating, troubleshooting and maintaining our high-quality Krones engineered bottling line. The line is incorporated into a customized 48-foot trailer, and includes a MCBRADY Rinser, KRONES/KOSME Counter-Pressure Filler, R&G Capsule Applicator, KOSME Rotary Labeler with Electronic Bottle Orientation, Laser Coder, Case Labeler and respective auxiliary equipment. The trailer features on-board utilities, including electrical power, nitrogen, steam, and compressed air.
On a typical job there will be two Bottling Technicians (you being one of the two), a helper as well as a production crew of eight+. Your specific activities will include:
• Bottling trailer set-up at winery sites
• Bottling line set-up and start-up at winery sites
• Bottling equipment operations
• Bottling line change-overs (equipment and wine handling)
• Troubleshooting of bottling machinery
• Performing preventive equipment maintenance
• Assisting in repair and overhaul of machinery
• Wine handling (hose set-up, pump, wine filtration)
• Bottling equipment sterilization (hoses, pump, filter, filler, etc.).
Launched in 2010, Peregrine Mobile Bottling provides mobile wine bottling, crossflow filtration and commercial tent rental services to wineries of all sizes. Our professional team provides services through the entire bottling project. We focus on cost-efficient results and strive for long-term relationships with our customers. German-engineered by Krones, our mobile bottling line has been designed from a winemaker's perspective to provide a variety of unique benefits. You can find various videos of our production trailer in operation on YouTube (www.youtube.com); please search "Peregrine Mobile Bottling".
If you think this might be a great fit for you, please send us the following:
1. A Cover Letter introducing yourself
2. Your Resume.