This position is responsible for South Sonoma Vineyards supporting vineyard management and operations for Treasury Wine Estates and our amazing brands.
About the Role:
Reporting to Vineyard Manager you would be working across multiple vineyards and leading a direct and indirect team of up 20 employees to support vineyard operations including (not limited to): irrigation, fertilization, frost protection, harvest, minor equipment repairs, equipment operations, development and implementation of HSE training…etc.
We look to hire the best, offering continuous learning and improvement opportunities - to grow, develop, lead and advance.
You are collaborative, an effective communicator and have a desire for continuous learning. You're highly motivated, self-managed with the ability to work autonomously in a team environment and capable of leading in the absence of the manager and as directed.
Although beneficial to have previous vineyard experience, your ability to learn new skills, adaptability to working environments (various vineyards, variable start and finish times, love of working in the elements and high and low seasons) and approach for a collaborative and safe working environment will distinguish you from the rest.
• Degree qualified or relevant industry experience - preferably in Viticulture or Agri-business Management
• Valid Class California Driver's License with a good driving record
• Previous experience in viticulture or agriculture - preferably in a large environment
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English (speaking, reading and writing)
• Spanish speaking - preferred
• Self-managed and the ability to work autonomously with little supervision
• Computer proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of vineyard operations and maintenance activities - including (not limited to): irrigations systems, pesticides, equipment calibrations, sustainable vineyard practices and equipment safety practices
• Timely and correct administration of paperwork and maintaining logs
• General house keeping
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional work ethic
Want to know more?
We employ more than 3,500 winemakers, viticulturists, sales, distribution and support staff across 16 countries.
If you are interested in this position please apply online. Treasury Wine Estates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer