Delicato Family Vineyards has an exciting immediate career opportunity for a Skilled Materials Handler - Ingredient Inventory Control, located at our Manteca, CA winery.
Delicato Family Vineyards is a family-owned California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. Delicato Family Vineyards is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the Delicato Family Vineyards’ portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, Belle Ambiance, Diora, Juxtapoz, HandCraft Artisan Collection, La Merika, Brazin, Bota Box, Massimo, Irony, Domino, Sequin, Twisted and Z. Alexander Brown.
Under minimal supervision this position is responsible for maintaining accurate ingredient inventory records by receiving, stocking, and pulling ingredients used in the production process of crushing, blending and producing wines. Operates lift truck and pallet jack to perform duties while maintaining a clean and organized work area. With the support of the Process Control Manager, provides leadership, direction and support when working with Cellar, the Food Safely Committee and other departments as the subject matter expert for Ingredients.
• Is responsible for ingredient inventory integrity by correctly stocking ingredients, ensures ingredients are stored in proper labeled containers, and performs general housekeeping by rotating older inventory (first in first out) as well as keeping lot numbers separate. Also prepares Bills of Lading for warehouse to warehouse ingredient transfers.
• Is responsible for direction, support and training of seasonal labor by instructing them on proper procedures and handling of ingredients, how to stage orders, safety requirements and how to properly interpret instructions as documented on Production Orders. Will direct the work activities of temporary staff throughout the day during the harvest period.
• Prepares ingredients for cellar usage by following Production Order instructions on quantities required and stages the ingredient for cellar technicians; documents appropriate lot numbers in support of the Federal Bioterrorism Act and Food Safety Modernization Act traceability requirements.
• Receives incoming ingredients into the plant by off-loading them from delivery trucks, verifying product type, quantities, and quality condition at time of receipt. Assigns lot numbers to those ingredients where required, completes required paperwork, and enters ingredients and costing information into the DV System database for tracking purposes.
• Scans all Certificates of Analysis (COA’s) and uploads them to the storage site on Corks
• Ensures a safe working environment by applying safe forklift driving practices, wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while pulling certain ingredients, and complying with Delicato’s safety rules and regulations.
• Communicates with Cellar, Planning, Purchasing, Process Control and Winemaking informing them of any ingredient issues or concerns such as arrivals, lot change overs and re-order points.
• Assists with year-end ingredient inventory counts by staging all ingredients in a manner that is easily accessible for auditors and re-stocking after the inventory count has been reconciled.
• Schedules pallet retrieval for all empty pallets throughout the winery; sorts, stacks, and then notifies external pallet companies for pick up.
• Ensures accuracy of ingredient inventories by creating Production Orders within DV System which remove ingredients by the assigned lot numbers as they are used for cellar sanitation purposes.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 1 – 2 years previous forklift operation.
• 1-2 years inventory control experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Self-motivating with the ability to motivate others.
• Professional work ethic with a positive and professional demeanor.
• Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
• Experience working with multiple levels and functions within the company.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and mentoring skills.
• Experience effectively presenting information to cross functional departments.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office/DV System).
• Ability to apply or perform basic mathematical calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division.
• Must be knowledgeable of and able to operate equipment in an assigned area; must possess demonstrated leadership skills, mechanical aptitude.
• Material handling with a lift truck.
Certificates and Licenses
• Valid California driver’s license; Forklift certificate.
• The majority of duties will take place outdoors and in a non-temperature controlled warehouse, must be able to work in all weather conditions; there is a limited amount of office time each day -maintaining data in the computer system.
Delicato offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.