Dashe Cellars is hiring a Wine Club and Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Manager. One of the East Bay’s largest and most established Urban Wineries, Dashe Cellars is located just off the waterfront of Jack London Square in Oakland, minutes from San Francisco. Our Tasting Room is located within our 16,000-square-foot winery production facility, and our award-winning portfolio of wines highlight the best of Sonoma, Mendocino, and the Sierra Foothills.
This full-time essential team member is a working manager position responsible for all daily Wine Club activities, maintenance and growth of the Wine Club customer base, and the implementation of all Direct Sales communications. You'll report directly to the Winemaker/Owners, working closely to attain goals.
The right candidate will develop and maintain a strong relationship with existing and new Wine Club members, drive Wine Club signups, work to minimize attrition, and develop and promote Wine Club events. Works with the Management Team to develop and implement a Direct Sales channel with new selling tools and a marketing plan to support our growth model and brand image of Dashe Cellars. We are searching for a self-motivated individual who knows how to communicate well, attract customers to the winery, and create a successful, hospitable, and energetic workplace.
• Works in conjunction with the Management Team to set sales goals for both the Wine Club and the online DTC efforts.
• Responsible for all daily Wine Club activities and communications.
• Manages all DTC communication with existing customer data base, and creates a calendar of activities related to both Wine Club and DTC channels.
• Creates and carries out unique and eye-catching email campaigns to drive sales online and attract customers to the winery.
• Works in conjunction with the Tasting Room/Hospitality Manager to develop and implement a plan for Wine Club growth and DTC revenue growth.
• Highly skilled in all forms of communication, the position will create a dialog with existing and potential customers to maximize revenue.
• Works on DTC communications that supports corporate customer outreach, attracts online customers, and reaches luxury wine purchasers/collectors.
• Works with Management Team to create and implement a portfolio of unique events that attract and grow our customer base, drive revenues, and help keep existing customers satisfied and interested in the brand.
• In conjunction with Hospitality Manager, provides support in Social Media to drive brand awareness and bring consumers to the TR and website.
• Demonstrates a capacity for customer engagement and salesmanship, including approachability, tact, product knowledge, and conflict management.
• Previous experience in Wine Club Management or similar customer management fields
• Possess excellent knowledge of Hospitality and Sales
• Be self-motivated, goal-oriented, detailed, and success-driven
• Computer system literate in database management, Retail POS systems, Microsoft programs, etc.
• Have a clear understanding of retail sales and direct marketing
• Possess strong written and oral skills
• Possess strong sales and customer service skills
• Knowledge and use of social media platforms (Facebook; Twitter; and Instagram) a plus
• Knowledge and use of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Publisher a plus
• Must be able to work within a team atmosphere
• Must be over 21, able to lift 50lbs above head height, and stand for extended periods of time
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation structure, including health insurance, 401k, and an attractive bonus program.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Michael Dashe at firstname.lastname@example.org, including a cover letter and references.
Founded by the husband and wife winemaking team of Michael and Anne Dashe, we specialize in making world-class wines from top Sonoma, Mendocino, and Sierra Foothill vineyards. Our philosophy is to let the wines express the vineyard by using non-industrial winemaking techniques, such as using native yeast fermentations and minimal handling, to develop complex and sensuous wines.