As a privately-held, family-run wine company for over 100 years, and today run by a female CEO and family proprietor, Banfi Vintners is a close-knit group of people who take pride in the company's history of success. With over 1/3 of its employees at 10 or more years of experience within the company, Banfi functions as a dynamic team working closely with active family proprietors to maintain and build on this success.
Banfi offers an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as the opportunity for further advancement. The company has a strong policy of promoting from within to fill new and vacated positions but also attracts highly qualified individuals from various sides of the industry. The friendly atmosphere, stellar reputation, and broad-based portfolio of quality wines make the people at Banfi thrive.
*Must reside in Raleigh, NC; Charlotte, NC; or Columbia, SC area
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages distributors to achieve goals including shipments, depletions, and distribution.
• Manage execution and compliance for all channels of trade.
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels to achieve annual program goals.
• Actively involved in developing annual business plan for designated market.
• Creates and introduces company programming and strategies with direct responsibility for distributors in a geographic area.
• Take active role in assessing distributor performance.
• Manage and develop wholesalers’ capabilities to adopt and implement Banfi’s brand strategies and objectives through effective implementation of the Banfi “Sales Process”.
• Appropriately manage Local Market Funds, Internal Banfi Budgets (Promo, Pricing, T&E)
• Ensure that Banfi’s distributors are managing Banfi’s National brand strategies to the trade.
• Call on retail, on premise, and chain accounts in conjunction with the distributor sales force or independently.
• Possess ample knowledge of products, wine industry, competitive markets, brands, and customers’ issues and typical needs.
• Cultivate cross-department relationships within the company, especially between sales and marketing, to carry out Banfi’s National brand strategies. Adherence to executive directions is a critical part of your job.
• Exercise appropriate behavior with Banfi’s Suppliers, always representing supplier brands in the best and most professional manner.
• Exercise the highest level of fiduciary duty to the company in all financial matters, including budgets, promotional spending and every aspect of the Company’s business.
• Soliciting sales and developing new accounts and maintaining established accounts, all with the ultimate sales order approval completed at the Corporate headquarters.
• Conduct wine tastings and wine dinners.
• Train On Premise and Off Premise Accounts staff on Banfi wine products.
• Be prepared to work evening hours and weekend hours when necessary in order to accomplish whatever immediate goals or administrative tasks are required.
• Order all Banfi POS for distributor.
• Set display goals and track display activity with distributor & evaluate & report to supervisor.
• Set shelf & cold box standards, implement strategies for execution with distributor.
• Coordinate distributor in-store tastings.
• Job execution will break into following components:
• 60 % time in the Field (on own, with wholesaler reps or Banfi managers)
• 20 % time on Wholesaler interaction (in market or at wholesaler)
• 20 % time on Administrative, Preplanning and Follow up.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
• A four-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience
• Good written and oral communication and time management skills, mathematical and interpretive skills
• Ability to have fluent knowledge of PC, working within Microsoft Office, and any other company software is critical to the success of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to use their hands and eyes for PC use; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The incumbent is required to stand; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch; see, taste and smell wine products in particular. The incumbent must be aware that the job involves distribution of alcohol beverages and recognizes that the company in no way encourages excessive or unnecessary drinking of alcoholic beverages while exercising the duties of this job. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds at a time, the approximate weight of a case of wine.
• Current valid driver’s license
• Overnight travel as required
• Prepare as needed and Participate in training meetings with wholesalers and retailers
• No DWI offenses or illegal drug use
• Must use for business a presentable and fully operational four (4) door vehicle that reflects professionalism
• Employee must comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations which govern the alcoholic
beverage industry and maintain at all times the highest ethical business standards and fiduciary duty on
behalf of the company and its customers
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.