ThermoPod Now Offers Custom-Size Thermal Packaging for Holiday Mail-Shipping of Temp Sensitive Food
ThermoPod® Packaging now offers mail order purveyors of temperature-sensitive fine foods and confectionary custom-sized styrene-free packaging liners for holiday shipment of mail order pies & cakes large or small, gourmet chocolates, smoked fish, caviar, glazed turkeys and hams, and other delicious payloads to customers across the country.
The outer surface of the ThermoPod packaging liners consists of a waterproof film. The inner surface of the ThermoPod Mailer is a permeable film. Sandwiched between the inner film (substrate), and sealed on all sides, is a proprietary cotton pad made from re-cycled, purified, flocked textiles. During manufacture, super-absorbent powders were added to the pad for the absorption of spills and antimicrobial powders were added for the prevention of contamination in case of rupture of such products as blood or vaccines. The antimicrobials are programmed to expire after a desired length of time to allow an eventual natural degradation of the ThermoPod Mailer.
• Ultra-Insulating – thick soft cushioning textile fibers are encapsulated between layers of protective poly film.
• Cotton insulation is biodegradable, meets the ASTM E6400 test for biodegradability
• The poly film contains an additive that promotes biodegradation in greater than one year and is considered biodegradable as tested by ASTM 5511; ASTM 5D209-91; & ASTM D5338.98
• Permeable inner liner offers accidental spill protection by allowing liquids to pass through to the special absorbing fibers in the insulated padding
• Antimicrobial additive provides extra cross-contamination protection programmed to expire after a desired length of time to allow for complete bio-degradation in landfills.
• Sustainability - environmentally preferable insulating fibers, not foam, provide the insulation
• Reduced Freight Costs – unique gusseted flat envelope design allows for increased content space while utilizing a smaller dimensional-weight (DIM-weight) compared to cubical box shipments.
ThermoPod super insulated temperature controlled packaging products are manufactured by the ThermoPod Division of MP Global Products, headquartered in Norfolk, NE. Contact us for additional information or an authorized distributor near you. The website is thermopod.net or call 888-379-9695.
ThermoKeeper Chilled Wine Shipper is the first and only earth-friendly green temperature control shipping carton with box liners made from ASTM tested and certified biodegradable components.