Winebusiness.com Launches New Home Page
Today, Winebusiness.com launches a new home page that brings wine industry news all day long. The news isn't done after our Daily News Email Blast reaches your inbox each morning, and the new Winebusiness.com provides a platform for easier viewing of the latest stories. Rather than searching each section of winebusiness.com for the most recent stories, the home page will be a cross-platform, providing the latest news links, blog posts, People News, Supplier News, events, classifieds and more, in one, easy-to-reach and -read location.
|This is how the new Winebusiness.com appears on a mobile device.|
A growing number of visitors to Winebusiness.com have been using a mobile device to access the site, and in response to these shifting Internet and mobile-user habits, Winebusiness.com is now mobile- and tablet-friendly. With this launch, the editorial team has found a way to cater to the increasing number of mobile users while maintaining the value of the site for readers from all devices.
With so much news available to you each day, we're sorting out the most important/current stories for the wine industry and explaining why they're relevant. In the News and Blog Archives, the full, comprehensive catalog of the day's headlines and blog posts that you've come to expect from Winebusiness.com will still be available.
Word from our Editors
In addition to searching for and organizing the most relevant content for the wine industry each day, we're aiming to tell you WHY we think what we have posted is important. With the rise of "news snacking" (a new term describing internet news habits: checking the news more often, reading snippets of stories from various outlets), we're aiming to help you choose the wine industry related articles that really matter.
Bookmark the WB Page for Quick Access to Updated News
On a mobile device or tablet, Winebusiness.com will act more like an app, with a simple, clean design to allow for maximum reads. Adding Winebusiness.com as an icon to your phone or tablet's homescreen can make viewing the most recent news easy. See below for instructions for adding Winebusiness.com to the homescreen.
On iOS devices, in the Safari application, there is a button that appears on top of the screen to the left of the URL. It looks like three lines on top of each other. When clicking this, the page turns to a text view, which makes it easier to view and read the articles. This will come in handy when our links direct you away from our web page to other news web pages that may not be designed for reading on a smartphone or tablet.
How to Add Winebusiness.com to Your HomeScreen
Your smartphone/tablet's homescreen isn't just for apps. You can put bookmarks on it, too, creating one-tap shortcuts to your favorite web sites, like Winebusiness.com. It'll save you time, and you won't have to keep typing in the URL.
- Open up Safari and navigate to winebusiness.com.
- At the bottom of the screen you'll see the "Share" button, an icon depicting an arrow that looks like it's trying to get away from a square. Tap it.
- Tap "Add to Home Screen."
- You'll be asked to choose a name for the homescreen icon. Keep it short and simple. "WineBusiness" works well.
- From there, you can move the shortcut icon to any of your homescreens or folders.
On Android devices:
- Open the browser and navigate to winebusiness.com.
- Press the "Menu" button and select "Bookmarks."
- There may be some bookmarks you didn't add, but don't panic--many Android devices come with a default collection of bookmarks. Select the top left thumbnail labeled 'Add".
- You can customize the name of the bookmark if you like, before pressing "OK" to add it.
- Press and hold on the Bookmark you just created, and select "Add Shortcut to Home." This will put a shortcut icon on the current homescreen that allows one-touch access to the page.
Send us your questions and feedback! Email email@example.com