Oregon Pinot Gris is gathering national awareness, and the effort to increase understanding continues with the Third Annual Oregon Pinot Gris Symposium on Thursday, June 13, 2013 at Oak Knoll Winery.
This year’s focus will be: “What the marketing efforts for Oregon Pinot Gris should cohesively be.” The event continues with the interactive, prototype panel discussion brought to Oregon wine producers, winemakers and wine grower, by Oak Knoll Winery.
This year’s event will have a new twist; producers are encouraged to bring their marketing directors with them. Nationally renowned wine writers continue to also participate, offering their perspectives. The discussion will also include a technical tasting of Oregon Pinot Gris from the panelists. Seating is limited.
Attendees will be welcomed by President Greg Lint and Jeff Herinckx (Winemaker):
• KEYNOTE ~ “Oregon Pinot Gris, Regarding its Terroir” ~ Andy Perdue (Author, Wine Writer, Judge, Publisher Great Northwest Wines) and Eric Degerman (Co-owner, Great Northwest Wine, covering the wines of WA, OR, BC and ID)
• ENOLOGY ~ “Historical Perspective of Pinot Gris in Oregon, the First State in the U.S. to Plant Pinot Gris, Oregon Leads the Way” ~ Dave Adelsheim ~ Adelsheim Vineyard in Willamette Valley
• MARKETING ~ “Beginning of SWOT Analysis: Strengths and Weaknesses of Oregon Pinot Gris” ~ Paul Gregutt ~ Author, Wine Enthusiast, paulgregutt.com, Waitsburg Cellars
• MARKETING ~ “Continuing of SWOT Analysis: Opportunities and Threats of Oregon Pinot Gris” ~ Dewey Weddington ~ Oregon Wine Board
• MARKETING ~ “Decoding and Recording the Marketing Message for 2013 to 2014, from SWOT” ~ Greg Lint ~ Oak Knoll, Hillsboro, Willamette Valley
LUNCHEON w/MEDIA ~ 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
• BEST OF THE OREGON PINOT GRIS TASTING ~ 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. With MEDIA
The event continues to be one of exploration, education, and enlightenment.
Registrations online at www.oakknollwinery.com/pinot_gris_symposium.asp