Sonoma Valley’s Vintners & Growers Alliance (SVVGA) has announced the contestants in the 7th Annual Sonoma Valley Winery Gingerbread Competition where wineries create edible replicas of their wineries. New this year is a themed competition where wineries will base their gingerbread masterpiece on their “Favorite Christmas Movie.” This friendly competition kicks off the Holidays in Sonoma Valley, a calendar of Sonoma Valley winery events including Open Houses, Winemaker Dinners, visits from Santa, Toy Drives, and musical events. For the complete list of festivities ask participating wineries for the event listing and visit the Events Calendar at www.SonomaValleyWine.com.
Throughout the month of December, visitors can pick up a map and a ballot at any of the participating wineries and vote for their favorite gingerbread creation. As an added bonus, each time voters cast a ballot either at the wineries or on the Sonoma Valley Grapes & Wine Facebook page; they’ll be entered into a raffle to win a case of fabulous Sonoma Valley wines.
With 13 participating wineries, holiday cheer will be spread throughout Sonoma Valley. Here is a quick list of the holiday movies each winery plans to replicate in their gingerbread creation:
- Annadel Estate Winery, a winery closed to the public, will be displaying their gingerbread house at the Sonoma Valley Visitors Bureau Cornerstone Center.
- Crisp Bake Shop of Sonoma and B.R. Cohn Winery will be teaming up to bring you their interpretation of “A Nightmare Before Christmas!”
- The Grinch wasn’t able to steal Christmas from the Who’s of Whoville making for a joyful creation at Buena Vista Winery.
- “The Polar Express”, a fantastic creation by Kenwood local, Kelly Cleaver, will be featured at Chateau St. Jean.
- “Three Wise Single Men” will be the theme at Envolve Winery, where the wise bachelors – will offer holiday gifts of wine, chocolates and other merchandise.
- Vito & Guido Vino of Two Amigos Wines and their lady friends at GlenLyon Vineyards and Winery will be partnering to bring you….“Elf”!
- The winemaking team at Highway 12 Vineyards and Winery will feature a fun trio – “Miracle on 34th Street” meets “A Christmas Story” meets “Elf” all compiled into one as “The Miracle on 1st Street”!
- Imagery Estate Winery staff will be creating the Imagery rendition of “A Christmas Story.”
- The Culinary apprentices at “Worth Our Weight” will be creating Kenwood Vineyards masterpiece of “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
- Lasseter Family Winery will be only by appointment only this Holiday Season (10am – 4pm). Their gingerbread house designer, Veronica Eicken, will be creating a structure after the movie "Elf" featuring many different Pixar characters!
- Mayo Family Winery chef will unveiling the masterpiece with the original theme “A Mayo Christmas Story!”
- SPANN Vineyards team and winemaker Betsy Spann are creating their big representation of Sonoma Valley’s smallest winery.
- Viansa Winery and Marketplace will depict the famous “Miracle on 34th Street” made by students of Santa Rosa Junior College Culinary School.
Additional Holidays in Sonoma Valley events are being added daily. For more information visit the Event Calendar at www.SonomaValleyWine.com.
Copyright© 1994-2013 by Wine Communications Group. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright protection extends to all written material, graphics,
backgrounds and layouts. None of this material may be reproduced
for any reason without written permission of the Publisher.
Wine Business Insider, Wine Business Monthly, Grower & Cellar
News and Wine Market News are all trademarks of Wine Communications Group
and will be protected to the fullest extent of the law.