Grands Concours du Monde 2014
Event Type: Trade Tasting/Fair
Description: Preparations are well under way for this new edition of the Grands Concours du Monde 2014. The event dates, April 12-13, 2014, are fast approaching. The wines are already arriving in Strasbourg from all over the world and over 1,000 samples are expected!
The wines in the Grands Concours (competitions) have been joined this year by a new grape variety: Pinot Blanc. This is in addition to the 4 other varieties: Sylvaner, on its 2nd edition, Gewurztraminer - 7th edition, Pinot Gris - 9th edition and Riesling on its 17th participation!
The arrival of this 5th variety represents the consecration of this high quality event, the organization of the competitions and peer recognition. Indeed, once again this year, the prestigious OIV (International Organization of Vine and Wine) has renewed its patronage and the UDS F (the Union of French Sommeliers) and the Union des Oenologues de France have agreed to be official partners for all 5 competitions.
Winegrowers are in no doubt: winning the Trophy for the world’s best white grape variety in its category opens the door to well-deserved recognition and boosts international sales of their wines.
Organisation of the competitions:
Friday 11 April at 7 pm: arrival of the international judges from 18 different countries (oenologists, sommeliers, professional wine tasters, cellar managers, wine merchants, specialist journalists, …) and judges’ briefing at the Palais des Congrès.
Saturday 12 April
• 8.30 am to 1.30 pm – in the Erasme room: Tasting of «mise en bouche» wines to prepare the palate, then 3 tasting sessions (1 session = 15 wines)
• 3 pm – opening of the white wine faire, the Salon des Vins Blancs
Sunday 13 April
• 8.30 am to 1.30 pm – in the Erasme room: Tasting of «mise en bouche» wines to prepare the palate, then 3 tasting sessions
• 3.30: guided tour of the White Wine Fair for the Ambassadors and Consuls - in the presence of the competition judges
• 4.30 – live from the Wine Fair*: Presentation of the Trophies rewarding the best wines in the world.
Deadline for winegrowers’ entries: 7 March 2014
Registration form on: www.portail-vins-du-monde.com
Alongside the competition: the Salon des Vins Blancs, Grands Terroirs et Gastronomie (the White Wines, Great Terroirs and Gastronomy Fair), open to all varietal wines, blends, still and sparkling wines. This fair will bring together numerous exceptional wines in harmony not only with the great terroirs, but also gastronomy and
• Event Organizer:
STRAS BOURG Evénements
• Website: www.portail-vins-du-monde.com
• Available languages: