WSET Level 3 Online Course
Registration Deadline: Apr 28, 2014
Event Type: Seminars and Classes
Description: Who Should Attend?
This qualification is open to students who hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. It is recommended that students complete the Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits before progressing to the Level 3 Award.
It is a prerequisite for candidates planning to study for the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits qualification.
How Will You Benefit?
The aim of this course is to provide detailed analysis of the principal wines and spirits of the world. Students will also benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality.
Unit 1: Wine and Spirits of the World
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, labelling regulations)
- France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South Eastern Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified (Liqueur) Wines
- Spirits and Liqueurs
- Information and Advice for Customers and Staff
- This unit is evaluated by a multiple choice paper of 50 questions and a question paper requiring short written answers
Unit 2: Tasting and Evaluating Wines of the World
- WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting – how to taste wines and evaluate the quality, style and price
- This unit is assessed by a blind tasting paper of two wines
- Industry trade members with more than three years experience
- Graduates of equivalent wine education programs
- Managers of wine focused restaurant and retail institutions
- Industry members located outside the Denver metro (online learning)
Next course dates
Online learning: May 17 - Sept. 12
Tasting instruction, Thursday, Sept. 11 (required, cannot be taken online)
Exam Friday, Sept. 12, Cherry Creek, Denver (exam cannot be taken online)
**Other start dates available: March 22, April 19