Virginia Vineyards Association Winter Technical Meeting
Event Type: Trade Show,Seminars and Classes,Association Meeting,Trade Tasting/Fair
Description: This year’s Winter Technical features:
1. Thursday’s Workshop is sponsored by the Virginia Wine Board and will therefore have a separate registration fee of $20 to all VVA members and interested Virginia Residents. It will feature a tasting and discourse of twelve 2012 Governor’s Cup Case Winners and will be presented by Master of Wine, Jay Youmans. Wines will be discussed with detail on the winemaking and vineyards from where the grapes were harvested.
2. Discussion of research and management studies for pests and diseases, such as Leafroll Virus, Pierce’s Disease, Grape Berry Moth, Grape Root Borer, Fruit Flies, and Grapevine Yellows.
3. Back-to-Basics Grape Disease Management with a focus on Powdry Mildew, Botrytis, Downy Mildew, Phomopsis, Ripe Rot, and Bitter Rot.
4. 30th Anniversary Celebratory Dinner and will include a special Lifetime Achievement Award presentation to Dr. Bruce Zoecklein. Wines from VVA members will be featured so we can all join in the fruits of our grower’s labor!
5. Virginia Grape Grower of the Year Award. The VVA Board of Directors will again present the Virginia Grape Grower of the Year Award during the annual business meeting. Please take a moment to make a nomination for this prestigious award.
POST AN EVENT
UPCOMING REGISTRATION DEADLINES
MAJOR INDUSTRY EVENTS
RECENTLY ADDED EVENTS