General Summary Overview:
Our Family owned Winery seeks an ambitious, dynamic and highly motivated sales professional to further develop our healthy business in a trading area which includes Georgia, The Carolinas, KY and TN. Our Estate is located in Monterey County's Santa Lucia Highlands; one of California's premier and most highly-sought after appellations.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• In conjunction with Division Manager, create, implement, manage, monitor and track national sales programs by developing field sales action plans, to support and guide distributor organization to achieve attainment of monthly and annual volume goals at distributor level.
• Establishes and meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements and developing annual sales quotas for territories; prepares annual budget by projecting expected sales volume and profit for Hahn Family Wines; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Achieve case and revenue goals through distribution, account development and motivation while operating within established budgets.
• Coach, train and motivate distributor personnel and market accounts to achieve company goals; builds partnerships and works effectively.
• Cultivates long-term sales relationships with key wine buyers to maximize sales and conveys company objectives and marketing strategy to distributor and market.
• Implement sales strategies and merchandising solutions in new and existing accounts.
• Conducts sales meetings and training sessions to educate distributor sales force, trade and consumers on Hahn Family Wines portfolio; holds on premise staff trainings and in store tastings.
• Ability to manage, participate in and represent Hahn Family Wines at Special Events and Tastings, to include working evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Maintains sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
• Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies and merchandising solutions in new and existing accounts; analyzes trends and results to provide team with formal and informal timely feedback and corrective action.
• Complete and maintain all records of activities as required by company policy, procedures and direction. The records will be used to look up and maintain up-to-date account information, to obtain company information and to use the information provided to support the sales efforts.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Requirements:
• Minimum four years industry sales experience with a proven track record of effectively managing sales, profits and customer relationships.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Atlanta area Beverage wholesale or supplier experience and strong retail/on premise account relationships.
• Demonstrated knowledge of fine wines.
• Excellent written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate a “can-do” approach to duties and responsibilities to inspire and motivate successful teamwork to meet or exceed goals.
•Ability to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere.
• Ability to reason well and to solve problems logically and thoroughly.
• Positive attitude with professional demeanor and attention to detail and follow up in all areas of sales and communication.
• Strong demonstrated ability to develop, implement and execute presentations to secure sales and distribution in local market accounts.
• Ability to speak effectively in front of large groups and stay calm under pressure.
• Good math skills; ability to perform calculations and discounts; verify depletions.
• Extremely organized, highly motivated and adaptive to a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to manage multiple programs within budgetary guidelines including pricing and T&E.
• Good phone skills and computer proficiency with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Schedule is primarily Monday-Friday with frequent evening and weekend work.
• Based in Atlanta area.
• Required travel 30%
• Because of the nature of this position, all candidates must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
• Willingness and ability to:
o Sit and work at computer for long periods of time.
o Work on feet for extended periods of time; Stand and walk.
o Ability to kneel and bend, lift and stack wine cases. Comfortably lift, carry and move minimum of 40 lbs. repetitively.
Only resumes that include salary requirements will be considered. All resumes submitted will be held in confidence.
Hahn Family Wines offers a competitive salary, bonus opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please respond via email with a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or you may submit via confidential HR EFax to 209-263-3132. Please indicate "BLUE REGION SALES" in SUBJECT LINE of your email.