Job Description: Wine Sales Representative
Territories: San Diego, and surrounding counties
Massanois Imports LLC, an established East Coast based National Import company (and New York / New Jersey Distributor), is hiring for our California Distribution Company (launched August 2013) . We are seeking seasoned wine sales representative(s) and brokers for San Diego and the surrounding counties.
Our business and passion is wine. Our goal is to build strong, sustainable brands for our winery partners, and to supply both best-in-class and excellent-value wines to our customers. Founded in 2006, Massanois distributes a carefully curated, competitively priced portfolio of high-quality wines to restaurant and retail customers; and distributes our portfolio to over 60+ distribution partners in 40 US states.
Featuring such renowned estates as Poderi Aldo Conterno, Pertimali di Livio Sassetti, Sartarelli, Fanti, Ca’Rugate, Pico Maccario, Pierre Henri Morel, Laura Aschero, Jean Max Roger, Champagne Lallier, Champagne Charles Ellner, Domaine Michelot, Rijckaert, and Weingut Forstreiter, the portfolio includes many boutique, artisanal estates from around the world with a strong emphasis on authenticity. Please visit our website to review our portfolio: www.massanois.com.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter with deep wine knowledge looking to build their career with a well-organized, fast growing company.
Required skills and attributes:
• Strong knowledge of all wine regions, with strengths in Italian & French wines a plus.
• Excellent personal and written presentation and communication skills.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the industry and extensive On and Off premise contacts.
• Self-directed, independent thinkers with strong sales skills.
• Ability to prioritize your time and to approach individual accounts with the right wines.
• Strong analytical approach to sales strategy and execution. You must be comfortable setting detailed goals and targets and using reports and data to develop your sales program to meet your goals and targets.
• Great account relationships in your current market or territory.
• Strong organizational skills, and the internal drive to achieve personal and company growth.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in Salesforce a plus.
• Develop overall sales strategy for your territory, including detailed monthly and annual goals and targets.
• Execute an overall sales strategy, meet or achieve revenue and placement targets on schedule.
• Develop detailed strategy for the brands in the portfolio, matching brand placements and goals with key retail opportunities.
• Transition existing accounts and grow business to full potential.
• Open new accounts to build your territory (target account list will be provided).
• Provide exemplary sales and ongoing customer service for all accounts, in addition to supporting accounts with wine tastings, dinners, events, etc…
• Attend sales meetings, annual portfolio tastings and other company events.
All inquiries will be held in the strictest of confidence. Additional details about the company, portfolio, and compensation will be provided upon your selection for further discussions.
Compensation: Draw + Commission + Expenses + Benefits
We look forward to hearing from you!