Part Time Hospitality
Saint Helena, CA
Position Summary: A small, boutique winery in Saint Helena is looking for a part time (Friday/Saturday only) hospitality person to join our team. You must be articulate & motivated, with excellent sales and customer service skills. You must be able to learn and speak in depth about wine characteristics, the winemaking process and the valley. You will conduct private seated tastings for consumers and trade.
Reports To: General Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Welcome all visitors to the tasting room and host wine tastings for guests
• Develop ongoing relationships with guests to generate future sales
• Promote and sell wine clubs
• Describe wines, winemaking techniques, and answers visitor’s questions.
• Accurately handle routine purchasing transactions which include: operating Vin65 POS system and accounting of daily sales, discounts, stocking wines, etc.
• Daily upkeep and maintenance of all hospitality areas while always remaining aware of the clients’ perception of the environment including water plants, sweeping and other task as needed.
• Complete projects and other duties as directed by the General Manager
• Assist with customer follow up on shipping issues, special requests, and answering phones.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds repeatedly
• Hard working, self-motivated, self-starter, reliable, and punctual
• Passion for wine in your day-to-day life
• Retail sales experience with an ability to present product and upsell
• Prior hospitality experience is a must
• Has a can-do positive attitude and excellent communication skills
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Must possess basic knowledge of Vin65, Excel, Word and Copper Peak Logistics or similar systems.
• Must be 21 years of age