Delicato Family Vineyards has an immediate career opportunity for a Sourcing and Supply Category Manager in our Napa office.
Delicato is a family-owned California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. Delicato is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the Delicato portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, HandCraft Artisan Collection, La Merika, First Press, Bota Box, Massimo, Irony, Domino and Twisted.
Position Summary: Acting on own initiative, this position is responsible for the procurement of materials and services for major commitments. Performs and carries out broad assignments usually involving the purchase of important and critical items requiring extensive or specialized knowledge and experience. Coordinate compilation and preparation of reports, forecasting and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Develops alternate sources of supply when vendors and suppliers are inadequate, such as analyzing markets and key commodities for supplier management.
• Purchase specified materials and services at optimum prices, terms, conditions (order quantity, lead time, discounts and logistics), and quality to ensure the best value for business and customers.
• Analyzes key commodity categories for supplier management, low cost sourcing, market conditions, raw material trends, innovation, supply chain costing and cost modeling.
• Maintain accuracy of master data information in SAP ECC.
• Issue accurate and complete purchase orders.
• Maintain appropriate documentation.
• Responsible for working with internal customer to order appropriate quantities of materials, which meet quality specifications and delivery request.
• Must keep abreast of all pricing changes, sources, market conditions, availability, and lead times of materials assigned to purchase.
• Promptly review, follow up, and expedite delivery of orders.
• Responsible for managing material returns, quality, pricing or availability problems, resolving accounting/invoicing issues.
• Develop and maintain good supplier relationships to support the company's cost controls and asset utilization.
• Provide accurate volume forecasts for key category purchases to ensure continuity of supply.
• Responsible for managing multiple suppliers for like materials and services.
• Issue RFP, receive competitive bids, analyze proposals, negotiate commercial agreements, and maintain compliance with the company’s purchasing policy.
• Assist with project implementation and special projects as assigned.
• Purchase materials and services for other department and/or divisions as directed by the department manager.
• Assist with project implementation function and special projects as assigned.
• May provide work leadership to lower level buyers and clerical support.
Education: College degree required.
Experience: 8+ years direct or related experience in Purchasing. Knowledge of SAP ECC, e-requisition systems, contract negotiation training and/or MRO Purchasing a plus.
Knowledge: Must have advanced purchasing skills, i.e. negotiations, strategic sourcing, category analysis, cost modeling and supplier relations. Must be detail oriented, possess advanced computer skills, excellent communication, organizational ability and be able to demonstrate problem-solving ability.
Delicato offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.