Execute administrative, customer service and sales functions to support membership department operations in a team environment. Provide exceptional customer service to members and guests via telephone, email and in person to extend brand loyalty, length of membership and drive sales and profitability.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service & Club Operations: (40%)
• Provide exceptional customer service to members via the phone, e-mail and in person, including answering incoming calls and emails, and returning phone messages, to encourage member retention.
• Manage membership accounts within our systems, including entering new memberships, updating personal information and membership status to ensure systems accuracy.
• Promote member sign-ups, upgrades and retention with staff, visitors and current members educating them on the privileges and obligations of membership. Keep staff and members apprised of upcoming shipments, membership changes and developments
• Resolve customer complaints, encourage member reservations and sell experiences and work 3-6 membership events per year as a department representative.
• Make recommendations for new and improved processes.
Hospitality Support & Sales: (30%)
• Serve wine to guests in accordance with company policy, enhance visitor experience with friendly and informational discussion and service to promote wine and merchandise sales. Assist in resolving guest complaints by understanding their needs, taking into consideration appropriate options and elevating complaints to managers when appropriate.
• Keep abreast of merchandise and wine information, pricing and availability.
• Process transactions and ship orders on register system, facilitate special orders and wrap gifts as needed.
• Dust daily and maintain clean and tidy retail, salon and bar areas in accordance with company standards.
• Adhere to ABC regulations and established procedures regarding the handling and service of alcoholic beverages. Adhere to current shipping laws and policies.
Administrative Support & Logistics: (30%)
• Assist with club shipment execution, including charging credit cards, ensuring order compliance, facilitating special requests, and troubleshooting shipping issues.
• Coordinate club shipment details to the fulfillment center, including delivering collateral and wine in a timely manner.
• Assist with monthly wine inventory and left over wine redistribution.
• Prepare and proof read member communications and collateral, including new member packets, cancellation letters and mass emails.
• Update membership reports and track metrics.
• Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
• Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years customer focused orientation with experience as a customer service representative or wine club coordinator or comparable position, with proven ability to provide exceptional customer service. Experience with database maintenance. Wine knowledge, passion, or experience preferred. Winery experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or ideal.
Stand O Lift/Carry
Walk O 10 lbs or Less O
Sit C 11 – 20 lbs O
Handling/Fingering C 21 – 50 lbs O
Reaching Outward C 51 – 100 lbs N/A
Reaching Above Shoulder O Over 100 lbs N/A
Climb N/A Push/Pull
Crawl N/A 12 lbs or Less O
Squat or Kneel O 13 – 25 lbs O
Bend O 26 – 40 lbs O
Working at the computer C 41 – 100 lbs O
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Work Environment: Most of the time work is performed in an office environment, with occasional work outside assisting in managing events for Wine Club members.