Job Title: Head of Logistics
Job Description: Born from luxury and hospitality, launching Wine Industry Innovator in Global Direct Sell, Logistics and Technology in search of a Head of Logistics.
Within our new business, this role will serve to proactively manage all aspects of our logistics and freight-forwarding network across the world to safely and effectively consolidate and move small personal wine consignments around the globe efficiently, quickly, and competitively.
Spearhead a logistics audit and play an integral part in shaping processes and standards within a startup environment, joining us in laying the foundation of our originative industry wide approach, and assist in establishing internal operational precedent, service standards, and logistics networks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure legal and compliant logistics and customs movements.
• Plan and coordinate consolidations to ensure prompt but cost effective movement of wine.
• Liaise effectively with Client Services to provide visibility and information on order status.
• Coordinate and organize all needful documents for effective and compliant export, import, and customs clearing.
• Liaise and organize with couriers, cargo agencies, freight forwarders to ensure smooth, timely, and profitable operation of department.
• Proactively identify and triage delays, bottlenecks, and other opportunities in network proactively.
• Compile and generate reports on a daily basis.
• Play a critical role in a re-launch of our Logistics department.
• Lead an effective team in the logistics of one of the world’s most precious and fickle cargo.
Qualifications that are pertinent to this position:
• Experienced in International Logistics/Supply Chain (customs-related documents and regulations)
• Detail oriented
• Customer oriented mind set
• Strong managerial track record
• Solid mathematical abilities
• Analytical skills
• Financial Management skills
• Good oral and written communication skills in English, French and/or Spanish highly desirable
• Proficient in MS Office and Mac with the ability to quickly integrate proprietary software
• Wine logistics background required
Computer skills: Specifically Mac and some database applications.
Must live within reasonable commuting distance to Napa, CA.