NapaStyle is a multi-channel retailer created by Napa Valley chef and culinary pioneer, Michael Chiarello. Our catalog, stores and online business feature a unique and artisanal product offering of food, cookware, home goods and furniture celebrating the flavors of life.
The merchandising assistant position is the key product and sample management position within the merchandise team. This position has interaction responsibilities with the inventory planning team, creative team, customer service team, stores, e-commerce team, operations team, vendors and public relations group.
Reports to: Senior Merchant
Seasonal Line Plan and Sample Management
• Create and maintain all documents within the line plan for each catalog season in Excel format (EX: Spread Summary, Drop List, New List)
• Execute immediate action of all changes and incoming information to each line plan in Excel format and appropriately communicate updates to all departments.
• Maintain SKU and price changes within line plan
• Manage and coordinate spread summary and forecast uploads with planning and creative teams.
• Coordinate the procurement and management of vendor samples from order through sample sale and/ or stock transfer. (Including: tracking of samples, log sample inventory and payment approval)
• Communicate with creative team and vendors to ensure timely delivery of photo samples.
• Gather ETA’s daily and update all concerning team members during photography
• Create and maintain individual product information files per season in Excel format
• Facilitating product training with Merchants
Proof, Catalog and Copy Responsibilities
• Ensure all products are accurately depicted with regards to function, design, intended use, color, shape and scale.
• Update and maintain changes from proof into the line plan during each proofing stage. Line plan should match proof as book goes to print.
• Ensure all merchandising deadlines are met with respect to Merchandising and Corporate calendar dates.
• Procuring High Res vendor images upon request
Stores/customer Service Responsibilities
• Ensure stores and customer service team have all product information in a timely fashion
• Communicate any product changes with both customer service and store team
• Provide answers to customer’s questions in a timely and responsible fashion.
• Assist in all corporate initiative and management projects as requested
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Previous retail/catalog experience required
• Advanced experience with Microsoft office; expertise in Excel and Power Point
• Strong Communication skills, both verbal and written
• The ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines concurrently
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
• Required to lift up to 25 pounds
F/T exempt position. Salary DOE
All interested parties please email resume and cover letter specifying salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NapaStyle is an equal opportunity employer.