The Rutherford Wine Company has a unique opportunity to direct all marketing operations for the company. The successful candidate will maintain and enhance the portfolio of brands to achieve long-range sales projections. This position will provide the creative direction and coordination of new product concepts or existing packaging enhancements. They will work in conjunction with the sales force to establish communication tools, POS materials and to ensure trade and consumer understanding and consistency of brand messaging. This includes coordinating the creative development of POS merchandizing, brand advertising and related promotional materials. They will work closely with public relations agency in the creation of trade communication strategies and special promotional campaigns.
• Champion of National and Exclusive brand portfolio.
• Develop long and short term marketing strategies to archive company sales goals.
• Maintain and enhance company trade communication tools.
• Develop and implement new product concepts.
• Develop and enhance sales communication channels with sales managers ensuring
adequate sales tools and information is current.
• Maintain and Enhance relationships with wine writers, trade magazines and retailers.
• Liaison with Public Relations company developing trade and consumer communication
• Direct marketing projects as required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• BA/BS in Marketing
• Minimum of six years proven experience in brand introduction and development in
• Minimum of three years in directing marketing department operations.
• Proficiency with basic computer software and functions: Microsoft Word, Excel,
Power Point, MS Outlook, and BDN reporting software.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills including public speaking.
Located in Napa Valley, we are an established family owned and operated winery producing wines from California's premium appellations.