The Hogue Cellars, located in Prosser WA, is a well established wine company that is part of Constellation Brands US and has been producing award-winning, quality wines for over 30 years.
We are seeking students who are enrolled in, or recently completed a wine-related degree program and are looking for opportunities to gain more experience in the industry.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Grape receiving, crushing, pressing, racking, pomace-transfers, juice and must additions
• Inoculations, pump-overs, barrel prep/filling, tank and equipment sanitation, and general winery operations.
• Assists where required during busy harvest season
• Works long hours on day and/or swing shift as required at harvest.
• Perform all job functions in strict adherence to company Health and Safety protocols, and in accordance with quality control standards and standard equipment operating procedures.
• Pursuing an education in a wine-related degree program (Enology, Microbiology, Chemistry) - preferably with plans to find a career in the wine industry.
• Able to begin working in late August or early September and continue working through early November.
• Strong technical skills or prior crush experience helpful.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb stairs, stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Perform strenuous tasks indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.