Tasting Room and Direct to Consumer Sales & Customer Service Assistant Manager
The position requires a detail oriented sales driven individual supporting the Wine Club and Tasting Room Managers. Candidates must possess the highest level of customer service delivering information to wine club and tasting room customers. This is a part time three to four day a week position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Must be available on Saturday and Sundays. Stooping, bending and repetitive lifting up to 50 pounds. Must be okay on feet for extended periods of time up to eight hours.
Assist with Order Processing/Wine Club:
1.) Deliver exceptional customer service while processing tasting room/wine club/gourmet club orders and communicating with customers
2.) Update members information
3.) Make sure all returned packages are re-shipped to correct address
4.) Assist and attend all wine club parties and events
5.) Assist with processing club shipments, mailings, email blast, wine club collateral materials, declined credit card postcards, & happy birthday cards.
6.) Merge orders into existing accounts
7.) Respond to firstname.lastname@example.org emails
Assist with Tasting Room:
1.) Must be comfortable and willing to help groups and work at the tasting room bar and lead tours throughout the property, managing the guest experience while meeting and exceeding sales expectations.
2.) Print collateral for tasting room and gourmet shop
3.) Open and close registers
4.) Assist with floor supervision and implementation of policy and procedures including the development and coaching of staff.
5.) Assist with communication to staff fostering a collaborative and sales driven culture
6.) Assist with development and training new and existing staff members
7.) Support events staff and tasting room
8.) Correct tasting room orders and orchestrate manager overrides when appropriate.
9.) Update database with customer information
10.) Responsible for daily cash tracking, reporting daily sales and traffic.
Assist with Internet sales:
1.) Process orders
2.) Contact customers with non-compliant orders
Summary of Qualifications
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Computer knowledge includes: AMS, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
• Strong data mining and analytical ability
• Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills
• Excellent customer service, problem solving, phone and email skills
• Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and workflow with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
1. Must have interpersonal skill sets in providing excellent customer service through self-motivation/self-confidence with enthusiasm for selling each product, while being accountable to meet/exceed daily, monthly, and yearly sales goals. Must maintain a positive and cooperative attitude with both team members and customers and demonstrate B.R. Cohn’s Company Culture. Must foster brand engagement and exemplify highest level of professionalism and customer service.
2. Must learn and execute all aspects of knowledge of the position, including selling points of products, training and developing staff, cross-merchandising, and product preparation, while being flexible to meet changing demands of department needs.
3. Must meet all food safety requirements, personal hygiene and dress code expectations, and organization.
4. Accountable for following all record-keeping procedures and processes for accurate tracking of products used and sold.
5. Be flexible with B.R. Cohn Winery’s scheduling requirements to meet demands of customer shopping trends, while physically able to perform job duties (i.e. standing for an extended period of time; moderate lifting).