The Bruery is seeking a safety-minded, organized, efficient, quality-focused leader to run, manage and assist in sour cellaring, barrel aging and packaging operations. We are looking for an individual who has the knowledge of sour and wild beer/wine producing microorganisms and fermentation, knowledge of all things oak barrels and is motivated to make our sour and wild beer program the best in the world!
The ideal candidate will have:
• Prior experience in oak barrel maintenance, repairs, general handling and inventory
• Prior experience in grape crushing/de-stemming, pressing & fermentation
• Prior experience in brewing, cellaring and packaging of world class beer or wine
• Experience with other types of fruit and their fermentation and/or additions to barrel aged products
• Prior experience managing a team of at least 5 people
• Experience in developing and implementing quarterly and weekly production schedules
• Prior experience in saccharomyces, brettanomyces and lactic acid producing bacteria propagation
• Experience in general brewery/winery equipment maintenance and repair
• Sensory analysis training
• User experience with ERP systems (especially SAP Business One / OrchestratedBEER)
• Written and implemented several Standard Operating Procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Each candidate must:
• Physically be able to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand all day, lift 55+ pounds, work in a non-temperature controlled environment and repeatedly handle hot and cold liquids
• Possess excellent leadership skills
• Have Excel and Google Spreadsheets experience
• Operate a forklift
• Have a flexible work schedule since ours changes every day!
• Strictly follow recipes and standard operating procedures while recommending ways of improving them
• Have knowledge of new industry trends, ingredients, processes and equipment
• Order and maintain raw ingredients
• Take great pride in their work
• Work well in a team of dedicated people who have a passion for Belgian & experimental beers
• Be willing to put boots on and help out their team when in need
We offer competitive compensation, have health and dental insurance plans available, 401k, and of course free beer! We will offer relocation assistance to the right individual.
The Bruery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter in PDF format to Tyler King at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Terreux Production Supervisor” as your subject line and label your attachment(s) with your full name. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.