Terlato Wine Group is hiring seasonal harvest help for our Rutherford Hill Winery and Chimney Rock properties. Duration of the assignment is from mid-August to mid-November.
Cellar Harvest Intern:
• Assist in receiving and processing fruit
• Sanitation of winery equipment
• Perform additions to juice, must & wine
• Perform pump-overs/punch downs
• Juice racking, and wine movements from tank to tank
• Barrel filling, topping, stirring, and racking
• Remove pomace from tanks & presses
• Record data and complete work orders
We are looking for hard working candidates, with a positive attitude and ability to multitask in a busy environment. The perfect applicant should be able to play close attention to detail, committed to quality and passionate about wine! Previous Harvest experience preferred, but not a must. Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds. Shift work and overtime required. Must have reliable transportation and report to work on time. Ability to read and follow work orders. Must work safely around moving equipment and electricity.
Lab Harvest Intern:
Working closely with the Winemaking team, will perform a variety of analysis on juice and wine.
Those include, but are not limited to:
• Sampling and analyzing incoming loads of grapes and fermenting must
• Brix, temp, pH, TA, VA, enzymatic NH3, NOPA, RS, ML
• Sample and analyze finished wine for complete analysis:
•FSO2, pH, TA, VA, alcohol, enzymatic ML and RS
• Assist in processing vineyard samples
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced professional laboratory environment. Must have previous Lab experience, 1-2 Harvests preferred. Ability to regularly lift and carry 40 lbs. Regular overtime during harvest will be required. Great sense of humor is a plus!!