Prestige Wine Imports Company:
Sales and Marketing company specializing in Italian wines, owned by Gruppo Mezzacorona.
Mezzacorona, Stemmari, Rotari, Cliffhanger, Tolloy, Castello Di Querceto, Luigi Righetti, Anterra, Goosebump
This position is responsible for the daily management of the Gruppo Mezzacorona wine portfolio within the distributor networks in the geographic area of Arizona, Nevada, Utah New Mexico and Wyoming. The Regional Sales Manager is held accountable for the local market, multiple state sales and depletions, distributor management, and customer interaction in all channels of trade; On/Off Premise, Chain, Independent, Regional, National, and other licensed retail wine accounts. The ideal candidate will be located in the Phoenix, AZ. area.
Summary of essential job functions
• Development, implementation, and achievement of annual sales and accounts sold goals.
• Develop, implement, and execute price strategies/structures & sales programs. Conduct mid-year and annual planning and review meetings with all distributors.
• Build and maintain close working relationships with distributor sales and management personnel. This would include conducting sales meetings on a consistent basis to communicate sales and marketing objectives and keeping winery brands at the forefront of all distributor sales presentations, daily monitoring of price points (including competitive set), orders, shipments, samples, training and POS management.
• Develop and execute merchandising and distribution standards with our distributor network.
• Build working relationships with the top on and off premise accounts, both chain and independents.
• Conduct quarterly market analysis surveys in all major markets.
• Provide monthly reports and accomplishments recap to National Sales Manager.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field.
Experience: 3-5 years combination wine supplier and/or distributor experience in selling wine, spirits or beer. Prior multi state responsibilities is a plus.
Knowledge: Distributor management, market knowledge, excellent verbal communication, presentation, customer service, organizational, and merchandising skills; PC literate (Excel, PowerPoint, Email); ability to navigate in the Internet/Intranet environments and use Nielsen/BDN data for effective business development; knowledge of wine and wine industry preferred.
Skill Set: Excellent communication, organizational, and self-motivational skills are critical to your success in this position. All candidates should also have a high level of integrity, confidence, and the ability to forge strong professional relationships.
This position requires extensive travel within a geographic region so all candidates must possess a clean valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
Prestige Wine Imports offers a competitive salary, bonus plan, 401K, Auto allowance. Salary based on experience.