J Vineyards & Winery (JVW) is one of the largest estate vineyard wineries in the Russian River Valley located just outside of Healdsburg. We have an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to be a part of our Viticulture and Winemaking team for the 2014 Harvest!
- vineyard sampling leading up to and during harvest
- working closely with Director of Vineyard Operations and winemaker to ensure proper sampling and data to aid in picking decisions
- BRIX/Temp and other entry-level Lab Analysis
- General Cellar activities
- Special projects as assigned
Must have valid/current driver's license and insurance with a good driving record (will spend considerable time driving to various sites).
Must be able to work independently as well as within a team to ensure all quality specification in the vineyard and winery are met.
Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Must be versatile, flexible with a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities and scheduled with enthusiasm; dependable; basic math skills and follow all safety standards.
Physical requirements: ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs, climb ladders, continuous standing and consistent walking depending upon task; and able to work in the heat.
Email resume to: Employment@jwine.com or Fax to 707 431-5420