Township 7 Vineyards and Winery on the Naramata Bench in the spectacular Okanagan Valley (BC, Canada) is an award winning winery producing many '90 point' wines and is seeking a new winemaker for our small to medium sized operation.
We are looking for a passionate leader to make our super premium to luxury wines and join our inspired, ambitious team. This 'hands on' position requires a minimum of 5 years of winemaking experience with a focus on high quality red wine.
Job Description is as follows:
The winemaker is responsible for the complete operation of winemaking from Vineyard to finished product and representing the brand to guests and media. Quality of wine, people, standards, systems, and cost control are the key areas of responsibility.
Key duties to include:
- Viticulture management and liaison with contractors.
- Grower communications and direction as appropriate, to ensure optimum grape quality.
- Selection, mentorship and leadership of the team.
- Be an effective communicator.
- Oak definition and management.
- Wine management systems, reporting and cost inputs.
- Scheduling of regular maintenance of winery plant and equipment.
- Bottling operations on owned/operated line and mobile unit.
- Sanitation protocols and management.
- All winery operations including safety, compliance, and regulatory controls.
- Production planning, procurement.
- Representation of the winery and brand for public relations, sales, trade and event promotion.
- Some travel to Vancouver.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced, high quality winemaker that will always strive to improve.
Must be able to work legally in Canada.
If this opportunity fits your career path, email or call me: