Trinchero Family Estates / Sutter Home Winery, Inc. is the fourth largest winery in the United States. Family owned since 1947; second and third generation family members remain active in the business. Nonfamily professionals make up a significant portion of the executive team. Trinchero is a dynamic winery business with numerous fast growing and award winning brands and wines. With nearly three dozen owned brands from premium to luxury price points, many private label brands produced for leading national retail chains, several imported brands, and multiple partnerships with creative industry leaders, Trinchero holds a well respected position within the wine and spirits industry.
The primary function of the Senior Fixed Asset Accountant is to provide high quality and timely support to the Accounting Director and business areas throughout the Winery and Vineyard Operations. This covers assigned fixed asset acquisitions and construction in progress projects. Often you will be requested to assist in obtaining information for presentation to management or to answer inquiries by Accounting & Finance department management.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Maintenance of fixed asset ledgers within the SAP fixed asset management module which includes configuration, master data maintenance, depreciation calculations and reporting. This includes book and tax depreciation records.
• Report on CIP & internal order detail for all capital projects which includes configuration, master data/hierarchy maintenance, analysis and reporting.
• Assist with the tracking and review of asset and project purchase orders for proper coding, completeness and accuracy.
• Development and maintenance of CIP annual and five year plan and cash flow projections. This includes maintaining information within SAP, analyzing projects for budget updates, developing latest estimates and updating cash flow projections.
• Analyze and prepare property tax, depreciation, and business insurance expense estimate projections for TFE entities.
• Prepare property tax returns and analyze requests from taxing authorities for the business property tax returns, assessments, payments and audits.
• Develop and maintain Property Tax reporting structure in SAP in order to improve the accuracy and efficiency of preparing the property tax returns and reporting.
• Assist with property tax and other fixed asset audits and physical inventories of assets by preparing necessary procedures, coordinating timing, preparing supporting schedules and other documentation, and making updates into the fixed asset subsidiary records in SAP.
• Prepare the latest estimates for Depreciation expense, Property tax and Business Insurance.
• Work with property appraisals to ensure that property values are complete and accurate.
• Develop, document and maintain fixed asset policies and procedures in accordance with TFE guidelines.
• Develop, distribute and maintain a Fixed Asset policy and procedure manual for company wide distribution.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure that fixed asset policies and procedures are enforced.
• Develop and produce meaningful CIP reporting that can be used by project managers to manage project spending.
• Prepare quarterly memos for executive management detailing project status of all capital projects.
• Review, document and Improve existing Business Process Procedures (BPP’s) for all Fixed Asset related processes.
• Act as the Fixed Asset liaison with outside CPA’s.
• Assist the Accounting Director, CFO and other departments with special projects as needed.
• B.S. in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
• 3+ years experience in high volume, fixed asset environment
• CPA desirable
• Proficient with – Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to work with confidential information on a regular basis
• Attention to detail w/good problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Recent experience with computerized accounting systems. SAP experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Project management skills
• Solid Time Management skills
• Able to interact effectively with other winery departments at all levels
• Accurate, attention to detail, with good organizational skills and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
• Office environment
• Usually work a standard work week.
• Extensive computer work
• May be required to work at any of TFE's locations
• Frequent deadline pressures
• Numerous projects in progress at any given time
• May be required to work some overtime hours
• Comply with company safety regulations