Tasting Room Sales Manager/Event Planner Position
An established family winery is seeking an experienced tasting room sales manager/event coordinator. The candidate will be capable of thinking strategically, communicating clearly with team members and clients. Primary responsibilities will include: prospecting for private event reservations, booking tasting appointments, and maintaining existing client relationships and inquires. Candidates must possess a strong networking skill set, be detail orientated, possess a confident consultative selling approach while ALWAYS asking for the sale. Successful candidate will have an exceptional track record as a self-starter, promoting and executing high-quality events in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan/coordinate special events with support of the team such as release parties, private tastings, VIP dinners in Calistoga and in San Francisco.
• Maintain a regular log of daily and weekly private event sales calls, prospecting, follow up, contracts, deposits, and confirmations for all reservations and private events.
• Individual with prospect with local companies, event planners, caterers, and local hotels for wine tastings and private event booking business.
• Always greet visitors, clients and customers who walk in the door
• Serving as a Brand Ambassador at consumer or trade events
• Answer, screen and direct incoming tasting and event related telephone calls
• Assist with coordinating club releases to ensure excellent customer experience
• Actively participate in social media outreach on various platforms
• Initiate regular and direct contact with clients to share special offerings and new products (via phone, email, events, tastings)
• Help manage and create customer updates to database (e.g., address changes, unsubscribe requests)
• Work with team to create concept/design for regular e-newsletters
• Work with team to create strategies to grow membership base
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of the tasting room
• Manage weekly neighborhood and corporate happy hour events
• Entering invoices into Quick books
• Filing monthly reports of sales to states/compliance
• Following up on payments from distributors
• Applicant must also be able to lift and carry 45 lbs
Qualifications & Skills
Extensive sales experience is REQUIRED. Qualified candidates will have proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Quick books and are committed to a 110% Guest First attitude. This candidate will be willing and confident when collaborating with the team to make our tasting room an incredibly top notch client focused experience.