The Sales Analyst position is responsible for supporting all sales division by taking a lead role in tracking and planning sales initiatives and performing detailed sales and brand statistical analysis. This position requires in-depth knowledge of the available sales data resources and how this information can be used to deliver timely, accurate and effective analysis of business conditions and opportunities.
The Sales Analyst is the lead translator of field sales performance, account coverage insight, and provides quantitative information to inform the development of go-to market strategy. The Business Analyst has a solid understanding of the fundamental performance of the wholesale business across geographic, brand and varietal dimensions relative to plan and the wine market.
General duties include:
• Help review and evaluate sales programs proposed for the Wholesale division.
• Manage inventory and pricing activity for the broad market.
• Leading project management of initiative to improve COGS and monitor activity-based costing for wine production.
• Work-with back-end database and software developers to create goal-tracking reports.
• Audit goal-tracking reports and other data models/reports for data integrity.
• Help develop yearly wholesale sales budget and long-term plan.
• Monitor progress towards sales goals and keep management apprised of any issues.
• Interact with finance department on monthly/yearly budget updates and year-end estimates on revenues, expenses and commissions.
• Evaluate effect of promotional dollars spent, provide insights and offer recommendations.
• Track progress of broad market sales collaborators and merchandising efforts for the Wholesale division.
• Analyze top products performance and highlight important up and down trends.
Specific Duties Include:
• Data Management: Internal ownership and management of depletions reporting system and syndicated scan data.
• Performance Analysis and Reporting: Prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management. Create and distribute monthly.
• Executive Team: Divisional and product reports, which measure the business performance and identify key issues and opportunities across the CHW portfolio.
• Scan Data: Analyze market/retail information to uncover merchandising and competitive opportunities for National Accounts and Regional Sales.
• Distribution Analysis: Develop and manage an ongoing distribution assessment to analyze reach/penetration across the universe of accounts by product, region and account type. Work closely with sales and trade marketing to identify market opportunities and develop a tactical approach to address these opportunities.
• Market Trends: Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses to better understand trends in the market, using third party research to understand disparities between these insights and individual brand distribution and product penetration across markets (account types, regional, category).
• Sales Planning & Support: Assist in annual sales planning process by developing sales target by product by distributor across all regions. Update budgets and sales plans, with the latest sales estimates as needed.
Other Duties Include:
• Market and Customer Analysis
• Target Account Analysis
• AC Nielson Metro Market Analysis
• Regular Sales Performance Reporting on V2 by Region and Brand
• Key Performance Objective Tracking & Analysis
• Business Planning & Forecasting
• Shipment Forecast
• Promotional Accruals
• Assist in samples requests including CAD orders and V2 samples
• Assist with sales presentations
• Minimum two years of work experience in a business-related role; Strong data analysis capabilities are required. Prior experience in CPG preferred; beverage alcohol a plus
• BA, BS degree required; A marketing, finance, accounting or general business concentration preferred
• Strong Excel Skills – An advanced knowledge of the current Excel features and functions along with the ability to build complex models from scratch as well as combine and simplify disparate data sources
• MS Access skills preferred along together with a solid conceptual understanding of database systems including SQL and multidimensional models
• Experience with SalesForce.com platforms, Visio, MS Project, Diver, OLAP cubes, and Crystal Reports would be a big plus but not required
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to identify and effectively communicate strategic ideas or projects
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including collaboration, planning and organizing
• Ability to multi-task and adjust on the fly to ad hoc requests while still delivering quality, accurate work