JOB TITLE: Tasting Room Manager (Hospitality Manager)
BUSINESS: PlumpJack Estate Winery
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE: Manage and grow the daily operations of the Hospitality business for PlumpJack Estate Winery.
• In conjunction with the Director of Marketing, lead and direct the activities of the Tasting Room team to achieve Hospitality/DTC Business priorities: consumer acquisition, membership-conversion, profit generation, and brand positioning
• Outreach Brand Ambassador for hospitality business actively meets with influences from other businesses to drive VIP traffic to the tasting room.
• Manage daily business functions, including opening and closing procedures for each business day; ensure that cash accounting is correct and complete at end of business day
• Respond to customer requests, suggestions, or complaints
• Responsible for staff hiring, orientation, training, development, supervision and performance evaluation
• Ensure that staff operates according to standards for professionalism and customer service and that company policies and procedures are followed by all staff members
• Grow Tasting Room sales by actively managing performance to set goals, including tracking and analysis of variance and projecting forecasts.
• Establish an atmosphere of teamwork and positive employee relations
• Ensure that the POS system is maintained accurately and kept updated with inventory and transaction changes
• Working with the other Tasting Room Managers, implement cross functional staffing module
• Addresses and appraises performance, identifies development opportunities and acts as a coach/mentor when required.
• Leads team to meet or exceed sales goals based on annual budget
• Take an active role with the staff across three wineries to build employee unity, being a positive example for customer experience and to evaluate retail employee customer service
• Insure cross training of winery hospitality staff with sister winery properties
• Responsible for the staffing and development of direct reports
• Process annual evaluations
• Develop ongoing incentive programs for direct sales team
• Develop and participate in ongoing training
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Inventory management
• Back Office administrative duties
o Order Management
o Customer Service Issue Resolution
o Campaign order entry
• Collaborate with Hospitality Manager and Events Coordinator on all consumer events
• Strategic planning and budgeting for the Tasting Room sales channel
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: High school diploma or equivalent required. 3-5 years Tasting Room Management experience with proven track record, including inventory and people-management, and budgeting required. 3-5 years of supervisory experience required
SKILLS AND APTITUDES: Entrepreneurial minded and detail oriented. Ready to roll up their sleeves to help build a DTC brand. Highly organized and efficient. Safety-minded. High quality standards for production and service. Strong verbal communication skills. Working knowledge of AMS back and front office. Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Courteous, friendly and professional manner. Good team player and leader. Customer service & sales focus. Trustworthy and reliable. Must be able to talk in front of large groups. Ability to work weekends and adapt to a flexible schedule.