Roles & Responsibilities:
Field sales representatives meet with customers in order to market, describe/ define and sell product. The field sales representative must determine where potential sales leads are most likely to be and must compellingly promote these products and services. Sales presentations must be made that are tailored to the needs of the customer. When a sale lead is identified, the field sales representative must help the customer purchase the product. Afterward, sales reports must be completed and submitted to management.
• Present and sell company products to current and potential clients using defined sales communication and sales protocols.
• In partnership with the Sales Director, plans & executes a daily schedule of sales calls and visits.
• Works with Sales Director, Marketing Director & Supplier Representatives in the field to promote sales.
• Partners with marketing in executing service & improving the marketability of our products through in-store tastings, events & customer staff trainings on a regular basis.
• Prepares action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
• Identifies sales prospects and contacts these and other accounts as assigned.
• Follows-up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
• Prepares presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
• Establishes and maintains current client and potential client relationships using company CRM solutions.
• Liaises with company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
• Meets with each account on a regular basis.
• Fulfills monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives.
• Identifies and resolves client concerns.
• Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
• Communicates new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
• Coordinates shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services.
• Is present & punctual for mandatory sales meetings and brand kick-offs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills: Verbal, listening and written
• Excellent organizational, time management & multi-tasking capabilities
• Strong analysis capabilities.
• Perceptive personality; able to adapt the message to the person for greatest effectiveness.
• Must be technologically capable (proficient MS Office skills, Social Media?, as well as the Gmail email client, etc.).
• Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
• Ability to manage and influence.
• Must be patient, self-motivated, friendly & fun-loving.
• Demonstrates & exhibits a high level of professionalism with customers, co-workers & management at all times.
• Proven work ethic
• Ability to manage 50+ customers
• Must be able to work in a team of highly successful and driven people
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Two years sales or marketing preferred
• Wine knowledge preferred (or a serious commitment to learn)
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• No felony convictions
• Ability to lift 40lbs; Standing and walking for periods of time.
• Personal transportation (modern)
• Valid drivers license with clean record & insurance
• Some evening or weekend work will be required.