Sebastiani Vineyard and Winery is seeking Part-Time Docent/Greeter and front register support person at their Hospitality Center in Sonoma, California. We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, charismatic, passionate about wine and can speak in front of small to large groups. People skills and the ability to multi-task are a must! Please apply if you enjoy working with the public and thrive in a team environment. Previous winery tasting room experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right people.
• Strong knowledge and enthusiasm about the world of fine wines
• Intense desire to provide the ultimate in hospitality and customer care
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Must be able to work weekends and Holidays
• Must be 21 years old
• Retail sales experience a plus
• Conducts Three 35 minute daily historical tours for guests.
• Greets all visitors to the winery.
• Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor’s questions.
• Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers.
• Accurately handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales; processes returns, discounts, etc.
• Assists customers with the carry out of purchases to their vehicles when necessary.
• Provides general tourist information.
• Assists with hospitality special events as needed.
• Answers phones.
• Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Receiving and Stocking
• Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
This is a part time position seasonal position with a Saturday and Sunday starting schedule. Please keep this in mind when applying.
Compensation: $12.00 per hour plus gratuity.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org