Honig is looking for a harvest intern to work directly with the winemaking team. Duties include laboratory analysis, cellar work, vineyard sampling, and monitoring fermentations.
Honig is a family owned winery located in Rutherford, CA. Honig produces Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon wines which are sold across the country. Our company culture is relaxed yet professional. We are progressive and constantly strive to be better. We value our family culture and our commitment to operate in a socially, environmentally, and economically sustainable manner.
• General laboratory analysis
• General cellar work
• Grape maturity sampling
• Monitoring fermentations
• Preparing wine samples/blends for tasting
• General knowledge of winemaking
• Degree or coursework in Enology, Viticulture or related field
• Ability and willingness to follow detailed instructions and standard operating procedures
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Spanish language skills a plus
• Work 40+ hours per week, may include weekends, evenings, early mornings
• Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
• Ability to perform standard cellar work
• Ability to walk vineyard to collect grape samples
• Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance
• Ability to see, taste, and smell
The internship begins approximately mid-August and continues through mid-December.
No phone calls, please.